Alpha Corporation established in 1979, is a full-service woman-owned firm, providing civil, structural engineering, program and construction management, project controls, and technology services for various building types and heavy infrastructure projects. We provide services to a broad spectrum of clients, including all levels of government agencies, public and private enterprises / partnerships.
Alpha Corporation's vision is to be recognized by clients for responsive, innovative, and quality services in the building and infrastructure sectors, and to be the employer of choice for professionals seeking stimulating and rewarding careers.
We are currently hiring a Construction Inspector for a large water project in Miami-Dade County .
The Construction Inspector will be responsible for monitoring the contractor's on-site construction activities and inspecting materials to ensure compliance with plans, specifications, and shall:
- · Independently plan, coordinate, inspect water transmission, distribution systems, sanitary sewage collection and transmission systems preferably including, water and sanitary sewage pumping facilities, water wells and surface water supply, water and sanitary sewage treatment plants and other similar water and sewer utility infrastructure
- · Interpret engineering/construction plans, drawings, and technical specifications pertinent to water and sewer facilities.
- · Independently monitor record keeping, change order analysis and approvals, cost estimating, claims analysis, schedule analysis and approvals, shop drawings review and approvals
- · Oversee the Maintenance of Traffic recommendations, regulatory and permit acquisition and compliance support, construction safety monitoring, approving and recommending requisitions for compensation and assuring compliance with all Miami-Dade Contract provisions, Miami-Dade County, federal, state and local regulations, on behalf of Miami-Dade County.
- · Have the knowledge and understanding of backfill type and compaction standards, paving sub-grade standards, trench specifications, types and quality of materials generally used in civil engineering and water and sewer works projects, tolerances, finishes, and other indicators of quality workmanship and materials
- · Comply with safe work site protocol and standards of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration
The Construction Inspector qualifications for this role include:
- · High school diploma is required, civil engineering or construction management B.S preferred.
- · 10 years of experience wastewater work and water related projects.
- · Must be familiar with Critical Path Method as well as scheduling program such as Primavera and Microsoft Project
- · Knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations
- · OSHA certification
Alpha Corporation offers excellent career opportunities for continued professional, educational, and personal growth. We strive to offer our employees the opportunity to work on diverse and exciting projects in a team spirit environment. All positions include a competitive benefits package and a positive outlook for a stable and rewarding career.
Alpha Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities, females, vets, disabilities, and an Affirmative Action Employer.