WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a leading provider of architectural, engineering and consulting services , including design, planning, environmental, construction and program management. The company provides its comprehensive range of services and solutions to support U.S. federal, state, and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker's more than 3,000 employees across nearly 100 locations are committed to a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve challenges for clients and communities throughout the country. To learn more, visit .
Michael Baker International's Construction Services staff supports clients by acting as their trusted on-site agent through all phases of construction, from pre-design to close-out, by providing qualified construction managers, inspectors, constructability reviewers, schedulers, estimators and safety experts. As new technologies evolve throughout the construction industry, innovative ideas are required to maintain and deliver successful construction projects.
The Highway/Bridge (NICET I - IV) Inspector assists Resident Engineers and Construction Managers with field construction management services. You will leverage your construction knowledge and skills to assist in the inspection of construction sites to monitor progress, verify quantities and ensure compliance to engineering plans, specifications and construction and safety standards.
- Most days will be spent at the construction site or field office reviewing plans and specifications for the construction operations being performed, reporting field site results and on-going information to construction managers and/or using computer assisted engineering software to prepare engineering documents.
- Some days you may test or witness third party testing of construction materials to meet quality assurance requirements of the design or assist with the maintenance of a database of information concerning ongoing projects.
- You will feel a sense of pride in knowing that you are helping Michael Baker International provide innovative solutions to transportation challenges, big and small, and Making a Difference for the clients and communities we serve!
- 5 to 10 years of related construction inspection experience
- NICET I - IV certification, Highway Construction Inspection
- NJDOT, NJTA, or other major transportation agency project experience performing inspection of structural components (bridges, retaining walls, sign structures), earthwork, concrete and/or asphalt paving construction, drainage and utility construction, highway lighting construction
- Associate's degree in a construction or engineering related field desired but not required
- Valid certifications in ACI Field Concrete Testing, NJ Society of Asphalt Technician certification (or NECEPT), Rutgers TCP. ACI CCTC certification desirable
- OSHA 10 hour or ability to obtain
- Excellent English language skills, written and verbal
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel) etc.
- Experience using transportation agency reporting software is desirable, such as NJTA CapEx system