***IMMEDIATE NEED FOR MULTIPLE LONG TERM CONSTRUCTION INSPECTORS***
A growing, mid-sized engineering firm has immediate openings for multiple Construction Inspectors to join their team. The inspection team at this firm currently has 13 employees and due to heavy workload over the next few years they are looking to add 2 construction inspectors to their team. This is a long term opportunity with an extremely reputable civil engineering firm in Indiana. All qualified candidates will be up for immediate consideration.
*Ability to read and interpret civil construction plans/blueprints
*2+ years of experience in a civil construction related field
*Ability to work out of town for an extended period of time (All work is in Indiana)
*Ability to communicate effectively
Overview of Job Duties:
This person is responsible for overseeing and inspecting the work of the construction contractors to ensure design standards and construction specifications (Local, State, Federal) are being met. This person is also responsible for establishing and maintaining a professional working relationship with engineers, materials testing labs, construction general contractors, and Construction subcontractors.
Detailed Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Observe the construction of waste-water treatment systems (sewer lines and waste-water treatment plants) and water distribution systems (water lines and water treatment systems).
- 50% of the projects will be Water Distribution and the other 50% will be Waste-water Collection
- Duties include maintaining a daily record of work; attendance at progress meetings; acting as liaison between owner, engineer, and contractor; maintaining shop drawings and submittals; review of contractor's work, inspections and tests; assist engineer in evaluation of contractor's suggested modifications; review of pay requests; and processing completion documentation.
- Review and proofread plans, specifications, codes, shop drawings, submittals, procedures, memos, status reports, change orders and all correspondence between the engineer, testing agencies, and the contractor.
- Establish and maintain all files, submittals, daily reports, and contractor daily reports. Establish and maintain all engineering and contractor reports which include submittals, correspondence. pay requests, change orders, meeting minutes, supplemental instructions, sketches, Requests for Information (RFI), Requests for Changes (RFC), and all correspondence between the engineer, testing agency, and the contractor.
- Candidates must be open and willing to travel (overnight). They will stay in hotel/apartment at times for projects.
- This firm has projects all throughout the State of Indiana and will do their best to keep people as close to their homes as possible. However, candidates will need to go where the work is and be willing to work out of town.
- Candidates will use their own personal vehicle and be reimbursed 54.5 cents per mile
- Projects that are within 1-2 hours of the persons home are typically a commute back and forth. If the commute to the project site is over 90 minutes then the company will look to see what is more cost effective--mileage everyday OR hotel/apartment
- Hotels will be paid for by the company (directly paid by the company). At times the person will be set up with an apartment which will be paid for as well.
- Per Diem will be $35 per day--also paid directly by the company.
*OT is paid time and a half
*Long term opportunity
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call or email .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.