General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Configuration Management Specialist to join our Data Rights team. The selected candidate will be assigned to the Proposal Cost Estimating / Data Rights team.
Under general direction, this position coordinates and administers data rights related research, documentation, and analysis to ensure protection of GA intellectual property. The selected candidate will participate in proposal kick off meetings, research and identify any and all intellectual property associated with the proposed contractual effort to ensure documentary evidence of appropriate assertions and data restrictions / limitations. The position includes frequent participation in cross-functional meetings with various stakeholders, such as Program Managers, Project Engineers, and Contracting Officers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Investigate a variety of data sources, documents, and artifacts (e.g., engineering drawings, technical reports and presentations, labor charging history, software release packages) to determine appropriate data rights markings and assertions.
* Prepare Data Rights Memos and Assertions.
* Participate in a variety of recurring and ad-hoc company internal meetings.
* Update and maintain data and documentation on company internal SharePoint and network folders.
* Record job function related metrics, such as daily / weekly deliverables and work products.
* Participate in special projects as assigned by supervisor and/or manager.
* Develop and facilitate training related to data rights.
* Provide input and update job related desktop guides, FAQs, work instructions and procedures.
* Prepare PowerPoint presentations.
* Develop and maintain MS Excel charts, reports, graphs, and spreadsheets.
* Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
* Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating practices and procedures.
* Other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
* Typically requires a bachelor's degree in business administration, engineering, or related discipline and three or more years of related experience. Equivalent experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
* US Citizen.
* Ability to obtain and retain US Government security clearance.
* Must have a general understanding of configuration management concepts and principles, related governmental rules and regulations and experience demonstrating a general application of those concepts and principles.
* Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
* Availability to work extended hours and travel as required.
* Attention to detail oriented with focus on quality and thoroughness.
* Flexibility to changing requirements and deadlines.
* Excellent communication, documentation, presentation and interpersonal skills.
* Intermediate level expertise in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
* Experience and knowledge of Windchill PLM software.
* Understanding of FAR and DFARS regulations as it relates to data rights and intellectual capital.
* Experience working with commercial or government contracts.
* Experience with proposal preparation.
* Experience working in an engineering environment.