- Competitive compensation
- Benefits - (Health, Dental, Vision, and 401k)
- Stable Employment - Year Round
- Growth Opportunities
- Frequent Travel Out-of-State (avg. 1-4weeks)
Seeking: 1 Concrete Lead Man/Foreman and 1 Rebar Lead Man/Foreman
Compensation: $25+/hr DOE plus competitive benefits
The function of this position is to work closely with and direct other team members to complete assigned tasks on time, under budget, and within tolerance in a manner that aligns with The Fricks Company's values and goals. This position will involve very close interaction with a superintendent, general superintendent, project manager, and the office staff to achieve these goals. All finishers on the crew report directly to this position. Concrete Lead Man reports to assigned Fricks Superintendent.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Report all near misses, incidents, or accidents to the job-site superintendent and/or the Risk Management team.
- This is critical in the improvement of our safety culture.
- Work closely with Fricks superintendent to perform each job task safely, efficiently, on time, and under budget.
- In the absence of a superintendent, the Concrete Lead Man will be responsible for reporting daily activity reports, time, job photos, toolbox meetings, and any other necessary documentation.
- Advise, recognize, report, and/or correct unsafe work conditions to Fricks superintendent.
- Ensure the organization and availability of all tools and materials needed for the current day work, as well as, planning for the following day.
- Review equipment list with Superintendent prior to mobilization.
- Load and unload trucks as required. Checking that all equipment is loaded properly and safely.
- Inspect all tools and equipment to ensure safe operation; must have knowledge of how to properly and safely use different equipment, such as power saws, vibrators, laser screeds, power trowels, etc. and promoting the proper care for all tools and equipment.
- Direct and perform the dismantling of concrete forms as directed by Superintendent.
- Ensure that necessary measures are taken to protect adjacent surfaces and structures from splatters, damage, etc. during concrete placement.
- Recognize slump of concrete and proper mixes for different applications.
- Ensure that the finish floor grade is established and met during concrete placement.
- Operate laser screeds and power trowels.
- Ensure that the correct steps necessary to obtain the specified & required finish for the job are followed.
- Ensure that all control joints and saw cuts are laid out and properly installed per the plan.
- Understand the floor curing methods and their maintenance.
- Coordinate with your superintendent closely and instruct each crew member in their responsibilities for the day and for the pour.
- Manage the assembly of your crew and provide the payroll department the needed information to prepare per diem, payroll set up, and any other necessary setups, coordinating with Superintendent and Human Resources.
- Accurately report weekly expenses to the office via Expensify and submit receipts.
- Work closely with your superintendent to learn budgets & manhours for each assigned job; manage crews
- and resources accurately and as needed to improve or maintain the budgeted costs.
- Accurately maintain and complete Time daily. Time must be turned in and confirmed by 7:00 a.m. CST daily.
- Ensure that all crew members have accurately completed their clock-out times through the company reporting system.
- Ensure that the daily pre-task plan is done before beginning any work each day. Conduct and document the weekly toolbox talks in the absence of the Superintendent.
- Promptly report any and all mechanical problems with equipment or vehicles as well as any needed supplies for the job site.
- Perform or assist Human Resources with, the documentation of any employee issues and problems, including employee evaluations, disciplinary actions, good behavior documentation, while mentoring all crew members of the company's core values.
- Train and guide each direct report in the proper aspects of finishing and concrete flatwork in order to consistently produce safe and quality work.
- Other duties as assigned by Management
- Must have the ability to operate equipment such as skid steers, buggies, forklifts, power finishing trowels, laser screeds, and motor vehicles. Ability to train and certify other crew members.
- Conduct and document daily pre-trip and pre-startup inspections of any vehicle or equipment to be operated.
- Report any faulty or non-functioning items immediately to your supervisor.
- Have knowledge in the safe and correct way to operate required equipment and vehicles. Do not operate any equipment or vehicle unless properly licensed and trained.
- Ensure that all other crew members who operate equipment are trained and qualified accordingly.
- Ensure all crew members carry an operator's card on each qualified person.
- Must obey all applicable traffic laws and safety procedures, such as speed limits, traffic lights, seatbelt usage, etc.
- Ability to remain calm in difficult situations
- Must have clean driving record and current valid driver license
- Reliable transportation
- Minimum 3+ years of experience
- OSHA 30 Hour Certification in the Construction Industry (Provided by Fricks)
- CPR and First Aid Certifications
- Knowledge of construction best practices, equipment maintenance and OSHA guidelines
- Prior Lead/Supervisory experience
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus, but not required
- Prolonged standing and walking
- Ability to crouch, stoop, kneel, squat and bend for long periods of time
- Able to lift 50 pounds at a time
- Requires full range of body movements
- Must be able to travel out of state for prolonged periods at a time
- Able to work in a construction environment, indoor/outdoor, and occasional inclement weather conditions
- Complete the daily foreman report
- Approve construction work by conducting inspections
- Execute all necessary forms for construction
- Manage and maintain the construction schedule