Under general direction, the Concierge-CA provides vacation counselors with qualified prospects for vacation ownership presentations and provides general concierge services for all members, owners and guests by offering area information and booking activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Book qualified prospects for vacation ownership presentations or alternate marketing options.
- Maintain the site minimum standard for penetration, bounce back sales, show percent, and budgeted volume per month based on guest segment.
- Provide a specialized check-in experience, and possibly, escort guest to unit, as defined by role.
- Learn and deliver branded and scripted marketing pitch.
- Collect deposits for vacation ownership presentations booked.
- Book and sell area activities for on-site guests according to business needs and as directed by management.
- Provide guests with site and area information upon request.
- Be familiar with all company programs, systems and resorts.
- Remain current on all area attractions and dining options.
- Know your home resort and all of the amenities that it offers to members, owners, and guests.
- Report all negative guest experiences to the In House Marketing Manager.
- Participate in a weekly and monthly review of targeted penetration and budgeted Volume per Guest (VPG) with management.
- Responsible for offering full concierge services to guests by calling them prior to their arrival, as well as calling guests who are already on property.
- Responsible for covering a variety of shifts according to business needs, including VIP Concierge, Pre-Arrival, Lobby Ambassador/Greeter and desk Concierge.
- Responsible for attending all in-house, regional, and staff meetings and trainings, as requested by management.
- Perform accurate accounting and reporting of all shift(s) details as directed by manager.
- Responsible for completing all required company trainings and compliance courses as assigned.
- Adhere to company standards and maintains compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- No prior experience or training required.
- No supervisory experience required.
- This position does not include supervisory responsibilities.
LICENSE & CERTIFICATIONS
- This position does not require licenses and certifications.
This position requires the ability to understand and follow both oral and written instruction as well as have knowledge of and properly use Standard English and follow office practices. This position must be able to communicate effectively with others, analyze and resolve problems, maintain effective working relationships, and interact successfully with internal and external customers.
Specific skills and abilities include, but are not limited to the following\:
- Make appropriate job decisions by following standard department policies and practices.
- Ability to work as part of a team and/or independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule\: including nights, weekends, holidays, approved overtime and alternative schedules or shifts as requested by Management.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Understand how to implement business strategies that are directed by management.
- Ability to interpret policies, procedures and manuals.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent time management skills, including the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to take initiative and effectively adapt to frequent changes.
- Ability to recognize an emergency situation and take appropriate action.
- Able to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to interpret and create spreadsheets.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to perform a variety of duties, often of a different nature changing from one task to another, with impending deadlines and/or established timeframes.
- Ability to speak competently and confidently in a public setting.
- Able to effectively perform job duties with frequent interruptions and/or distractions.
- Accurate cash handling skills (the ability to count currency, make and count back change).