Compliance/HIPAA Consultant - Compliance Department - INTEGRIS
Job Code: 1840
Provides services, advice and expertise throughout INTEGRIS Health related to the Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act, and other federal and state regulations concerning privacy and security of health information. The Consultant also provides compliance expertise on medical record coding, billing, and/or other operational compliance issues. Performs compliance reviews as determined by the compliance workplan using individual discretion/judgment. This position requires extensive knowledge and experience pertaining to regulatory compliance, including coding and billing of services to Federal healthcare programs.
The Compliance/HIPAA Consultant responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Provides compliance expertise and advice to all INTEGRIS entities
* Performs compliance reviews utilizing discretion, latitude and independent judgment
* Documents findings and makes written recommendations for corrective action needed to maintain compliance
* Develops and conducts education/training throughout the system on regulatory compliance matters including, HIPAA, HITECH, CMS regulations, and/or coding / billing to federal program payers.
Reports to the compliance manager and/or compliance officer.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Sedentary (exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): No
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Normal office environment. Requires travel to all rural INTEGRIS facilities including some overnight travel.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* RHIA, RHIT, CCS, or CPC required with minimum of 4 years compliance, auditing, and privacy related experience
* Bachelors Degree in related field. May substitute with 4 years additional compliance, auditing, and privacy experience for Bachelors Degree requirement.
* Strong knowledge of regulatory compliance issues, HIPAA, HITECH, EMR, and/or coding/billing to federal program payers.
* Understanding of UB-04 billing to Medicare and Medicaid.
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English (Verbal/Written)
* Public speaking ability.
* Computer literacy (prefer MS Word, Outlook, Excel).
* This job requires the incumbent to operate in an INTEGRIS-owned vehicle or personal vehicle (Non INTEGRIS-owned) and therefore must have a current Oklahoma license as well as a driving record which is acceptable to INTEGRIS insurance carrier. Some overnight travel required.