Develop, implement, manage and evaluate the Compact Construction Equipment (CCE) segment of the business. Responsible for coordination of aftermarket support for this segment. Attracts, retains, and effectively coaches department personnel. Works as a liaison with the Ag Sales Team for product support and knowledge.
- Manager will lead the business development and customer acquisition and customer aftermarket support for Compact Construction Equipment (CCE)
- Work the Chief Sales Officer to create the yearly Business Plan including sales coverage, inventory management, revenue growth, profit margin, market share, and customer satisfaction
- Work with the Director of Parts regarding parts stocking and pricing
- Work with the Director of Service to develop and implement both a shop and field service program for the segment
- Assess Valley Truck and Tractor's, as well as competitor's, strengths and weaknesses in the segment
- Participate in drafting goals and plans for Market Share and revenue growth.
- In conjunction with the John Deere CCE Territory Business Manager, Chief Sales Officer and Chief Operations Officer create the yearly John Deere Business plan for CCE which commits to share goals and tactics for execution
- In conjunction with the Chief Sales Officer establish appropriate CCE inventory levels with guidance for machine specifications and attachments
- Identify and establish training standards for Sales, Parts and Service personnel
- In conjunction with the John Deere CCE Territory Business Manager, and Valley Truck and Tractor Sales and Marketing personnel create and distribute all pertinent marketing, discount and finance programs
- Maintain familiarity with competitive product offerings, pricing, tactics, and threats
- Develop a used equipment program including trade values, purchasing, pricing and repairs
- Insure all identified Sales, Parts and Service personnel are enrolled in continuing education via John Deere University to achieve required status at a minimum
- Coordinate activities/tactics with the Chief Sales Officer and the Marketing Department to establish co-op budget and the best application of funds for maximum exposure and lead generation.
- When required or requested, assist the Chief Financial Officer in gaining credit or finance approval and collection of past due accounts.
- Maintain a relationship with all manufactures and manufacturing representatives related to CCE
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Candidates with previous sales experience and knowledge of Compact Construction Equipment is desired but not required
- Must be self-motivated, have excellent customer relation skills, above average computer skills, and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must have a driver's license with a clean driving record, and be experienced at operating heavy-duty pickup/trailer combination.
- 3+ years sales experience, 1+ years sales management experience
- Familiar with John Deere and competitive products
- Proven managerial ability including leading, coaching, and developing others
- Ability to define and implement sales processes
- Ability to use Deere sales computer applications and tools
- Ability to use software applications such as Microsoft Office and internet functions
- Ability to analyze and interpret internal reports
- Ability to write and speak effectively to individuals and groups
- Ability to effectively work as a team member
- Experience with Government Sales is desirable
Posted to: #zr