We are a rental housing company dedicated to providing an exceptional rental experience to every resident who makes one of our houses or apartments their home. We believe that quality rental housing can unlock life's potential, and this drives our thinking and our actions every day.
Founded in 1988 and listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: TCN), Tricon owns over 30,000 single-family and multi-family rental homes across the United States and Canada, which we manage using an integrated technology-enabled operating platform. We are headquartered in Toronto, Ontario and have significant operations in Orange County, California, as well as approximately 20 other markets with a primary focus in the U.S. Sun Belt.
We strive to be North America's premier rental housing company. Our business philosophy involves taking care of our team first - empowering them to provide our residents with exceptional service and to positively impact the local communities where we operate. By providing an enhanced living experience, our residents rent for longer periods of time, treat our properties like their own, and share their experience with friends and family. This is how we continue to grow, and it is an approach that has proven to generate positive returns for our investors and shareholders
The Community Manager will consistently uphold our commitment to provide exceptional communities that invite, inspire, and feel like home for our residents. This role will drive success by ensuring that both the community and team exceed the service standards set by Tricon Residential. The oversight of this multi-family property will also include responsibilities for financial performance and operational efficiency as well as maintaining a positive impactful resident experience. The Community Manager will provide support to the Regional Director of Operations on community specific information and trends critical to the success of the property.
Own the day-to-day operations and optimization of a multimillion-dollar asset
- Schedule and perform Showings
- Manage daily leads
- Assist with application completion
- Actively conduct outside marketing - Local businesses including flyers, referrals, and more
- Publish Weblisters/CL advertisements
- Manage self-show box inventory
- Manage MLS Listings
- Verify all listings are active, with a sufficient quality and number of photos, etc.
- Daily inventory walks - confirm all vacant homes are show ready
- Act as the subject matter expert for your community's sub-market, keeping in tune with competitive communities and surrounding employment base
- Report key performance factors for the community to Regional Director of Operations and the Director of Sales and Programming, such as unit availability and assess any necessary price adjustments including premiums on vacant unit and on-notice unit
- Resident Management
- Review all NTVs, contact residents to retain
- Monitor upcoming renewals to encourage lease execution
- Customer service
- Assist residents with work orders and rent payment issues
- Address resident escalation
- Report HOA violations
- Serve violation notices
- Confirm correction
- Post any necessary notices upon request
- Post any necessary notices upon request
- Coordinate with Assistant Community Manager to assist with outstanding resident issues including renters' insurance, utilities, habitability concerns, etc.
- Community Management
- Coordinate monthly and quarterly community events
- Drive and walk community daily to identify any potential concerns ranging from construction issues, resident violations to confirm landscape and common area conditions
- Perform occupancy checks upon request
- Work in coordination with the Facilities and Service Supervisor with regards to exterior property issues (including landscaping), outstanding unit service requests, move-in turn schedules, market ready inventory, report supplies needed (model office), etc.
- People Leadership
- Lead and inspire property team to maintain and develop capabilities across all positions
- Continually coach, guide and support team member growth
- Hold team accountable to deliver target performance metrics
- Experience in a sales or customer service role
- Demonstrated critical thinker
- Passionate about providing exceptional customer service
- Sense of urgency with the ability to work under tight deadlines
- Self-motivated, results oriented with a commitment to excellence
- Ability to work outside of standard hours (including occasional weekend)
- 3+ years property management experience required preferably in the multi-family environment
- BA/BS Preferred
- RE License Required
- Excellent communication skills
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Multi-tasking and organizational skills - demonstrated ability to perform multifaceted projects in conjunction with daily activities.
- Good reasoning abilities and sound judgement
- Proven strong customer service experience
- Demonstrated attention to detail