Ramp is building the world's first finance automation platform designed to save businesses time and money. Ramp offers 5-in-1 software that consolidates corporate cards, expense management, bill payments, accounting, and reporting into one simple and free solution. More than 2,000 businesses are using Ramp for over $1 billion in annualized transaction volume. Customers include some of the fastest growing startups and unicorns like Ro, DoNotPay, Better, ClickUp, and Applied Intuition, as well as established businesses across the US such as Bristol Hospice, Walther Farms, Douglas Elliman, and Planned Parenthood.
Founded in 2019 Ramp is NYC's fastest growing startup, having achieved a unicorn valuation of $3.9 billion in just over 2 years. Ramp has raised $620 million in funding from investors including Founders Fund, Stripe, Goldman Sachs, Coatue Management, D1 Capital Partners, Redpoint Venture and Thrive Capital, as well as over 100 angel investors who were founders or executives of leading companies. Ramp is part of the Forbes Fintech 50 and Fast Company's Best Workplaces for Innovators program.
About the Role
Since launching in early 2020, Ramp has experienced exponential organic growth, fueled in no small part by continued media coverage of our business growth and fundraising. We're now looking for an experienced Communications Manager who will own our PR strategy and significantly raise our public profile . As an early member of Ramp's Marketing team, you will get the chance to build out a broader communications function and team over the coming years. You'll be a good fit for this role if you like working as part of a tight team in a fast moving environment, jumping from handling press enquiries to providing strategic advice to our executive team in a single day.
What You'll Do
* Develop a media strategy and tactics that will ensure Ramp becomes recognized as a leader in fintech. You'll position our executives as thought leaders in conversations around the current state and future of finance.
* Build brand awareness by refining and evolving our approach to telling the Ramp story through the media.
* Manage the relationship with our external PR agency so we maximize the value of the partnership.
* Develop lasting relationships with key business media so that they understand Ramp's unique position in the financial services and software industry.
* Advise the executive team on communications strategy and prepare them for interviews and public engagements such as keynote addresses.
* Support the execution of our broader marketing campaigns to extend their reach.
What You'll Need
* 5 years experience in technology or finance public relations
* Excellent written and verbal communication ability
* Track record of providing strategic advice to a senior executive team
* Strong project management skills and ability to prioritize
* Experience working with business and technology media and pitching them stories that land
* If not based in New York willing to travel there regularly (at least once a quarter)
* 100% medical, dental & vision insurance coverage (for you, and partially covered for your dependents)
* 401k (including employer match)
* Unlimited PTO
* WFH stipend to support your home office needs
* Monthly wellness stipend
* Annual education reimbursement
* Relocation support