Commercial Auto Dealership Underwriter -
Santander's Commercial Banking Division is an active provider of capital, treasury management and risk management solutions to thousands of small and mid-sized companies in the North East and across the country. We also have expertise and provide service to specific industry sectors including real estate, asset based lending, energy, education, health care and government.
Our clients rely on the strength of Santander's balance sheet and the degree to which our relationship managers understand their businesses in order to develop the most relevant and compelling solutions. In addition, Santander's significant international presence in regions around the world uniquely positions us to help companies grow their business, both near and far.
The Commercial Auto Dealership underwriter underwrites safe and sound loans in an expedient manner through a review process of analyzing and evaluating income, assets, liabilities, and property. The incumbent carefully assesses and evaluates the risk of financing requests within the framework of the organization's credit culture and current economic and industry trends. S/he reviews tax returns, profit and loss, as well as financial statements to ascertain borrowers' income; ensures loans are in compliance with the organization's underwriting standards and all applicable state and federal laws, rules and regulations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyzes collateral, credit and loan risk related to commercial loans to auto dealerships
- Communicates with internal and external parties to ensure all appropriate information has been received from borrowers to best evaluate loan requests and ability to repay as stated
- Manage pending applications within Loan Origination System (LOS) queues as directed
- Conducts credit analysis on each loan application including review of tax returns, cash flow analysis, debt-ratio calculations, credit-scoring and collateral valuations
- Handles data input, reporting, servicing
- Receives and reviews incoming loan application requests and supporting documentation delivered through managed electronic lending portals, queues or other avenues of receipt
- Reviews mortgage applications, loan documents and credit
- Underwrites and processes loans depending on department need to meet stated service levels
- Utilizes department policies & guidelines, in addition to cognitive thinking, to build profitable, performing secured and unsecured loans
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Management, Economics or equivalent field
- 5+ years of current, hands-on, Commercial Auto Dealership underwriting experience ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED
- Ability to apply concepts, such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions, to practical situations
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups or managers, members, and general public
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts, such as profitability and statistical inference
- Capacity to complete projects on time
- Detail oriented, common sense decision-making
- Above average oral, written and communications skills
- Organized and self sufficient
Job : Underwriting
Primary Location : Texas-Dallas-1601 Elm Street - 02302 - Dallas
Other Locations : New York-New York-45 East 53rd Street - 06547 - NY Corp, Massachusetts-BOSTON-28 State Street - 06560 - 28 State Street Organization : CRE & MultiFamily (4701)
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jul 1, 2020, 6:34:36 PM