The start of a rewarding career awaits you at Engineering Services and Products Company (ESAPCO). Since 1979, we've grown from a regional, two-person office to the industry-leading manufacturer of ClearSpan Structures and GrowSpan Greenhouses with over 30,000 products distributed through direct marketing, three online stores and two lead-generation websites. We are seeking a hard-working Commercial Building Sales Specialist who has great closing skills and the passion to exceed sales goals.
In this inside sales role, you will be responsible for serving our customers by answering questions and generating sales via the telephone and web inquires. The Commercial Building Sales Specialist focuses on proactive selling of our structure line by maximizing all opportunities and aggressively cross-selling, up-selling and following up. In this position, you will also be responsible for outbound calls to customers regarding bids, requests for quotes and general customer inquiries. There is no cold calling in this position.
In addition to servicing your customers through various forms of communication, your responsibilities can include; mentoring new team members, attending industry Trade Shows periodically, working on special individual projects and other duties as they are assigned.
- Fielding initial inquiries from prospective customers interested in purchasing and/or learning more
about ClearSpan Buildings and related equipment.
- Creating orders for structures that include all necessary accessories.
- Closing ability to hit and exceed sales goals
- Able to work within a team environment with project managers and engineers
- Effective multi-tasker, capable to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to identify and present accordingly to all levels of the sales cycle
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Judgement - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules their tasks; Develops realistic action plans for meeting metrics.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Follows through on commitments.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change or unexpected events.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Minimum of Bachelor's degree (or equivalent from four-year college or 4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions,
and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only
limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Order Processing systems, Microsoft Office and ability to type at a minimum of 30 wpm.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
With our base plus weekly commission structure, our average first year Truss Structure Sales Specialist earns between $70,000 and $80,000. Our team members in their second year and beyond can earn over $200,000 annually.
Along with competitive wages, we offer an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and product discounts.