Requisition ID 38706
Southco, Inc. - Americas (Honeoye Falls, NY - US) - Southco
Southco is the leading global manufacturer of Engineered Access Hardware with manufacturing and engineering facilities in the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific regions. From quality and performance to aesthetics and ergonomics, we know small touches make a big difference. The people of Southco are passionate about connecting with our customers to create innovative engineered access hardware solutions aimed at enhancing the "touch points" of our customers' products. With unrivaled global supply and support, innovative products and dedicated people, Southco provides customers throughout the world with the broadest line of high quality Access Hardware Solutions on the market today for applications in the Networking, Telecommunications, Computer, Automotive, Aerospace, Mass Transit, Off-Highway/Construction, RV/Caravan, Industrial Machinery, Marine and HVAC industries.
Southco is looking to hire a CNC Operator for our 2nd shift (2:30 PM- 11:00 PM.) This is a direct hire position with benefits.
- Qualified individuals must have experience in the routine set-up and operation of CNC Lathe machines, such as CNC Swiss lathes and CNC turret lathes. The ability to read M and G code, troubleshoot machining issues, and perform offsets to ensure machine safety, quality, and customer Satisfaction are met. This individual must be a good communicator with the flexibility to adapt to new challenges in a prototype and production atmosphere.
- Perform routine and complex set ups of machinery. Able to edit/adjust programs as necessary.
- Simultaneously run multiple machines.
- Responsible for the quality and quantity of products being manufactured
- Proficiently use measuring devices (vernier calipers, micrometers, gage pins, etc.) and a shadow graph to ensure the highest level of
- component quality. Collect SPC data using Datamyte software and the necessary quality instrument.
- Preventative maintenance and machine safety
- Maintain excellent housekeeping practices (5S)
- As required participate in departmental continuous improvement events, not limited to Kaizen, CI, FAST, JDI, and TPM.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school degree (or equivalent).
- 2-5 years prior, relevant, CNC experience
- Safety awareness
- Quick leaner and able to work with others
- Prior metal manufacturing experience preferred.
- Blueprint reading. Able to follow control plans.
- Prior set-up experience preferred
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Benefits We Offer Our Employees:
- Medical Benefits
- Health Savings Account
- Dental and Vision Benefits
- Generous time off
- 401K Plan plus match
- Employee Stock Options
- Education Assistance
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply Now button.
Southco provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Southco complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.