Peraton is seeking a motivated, customer-oriented, Cloud Engineer to provide expertise in cloud technologies in support of time critical computing needs, including infrastructure planning, design, implementation, and sustainment support.
* Design, develop, evaluate and sustain optimal cloud-based solutions, in accordance with best practices, through the entire system life cycle.
* Manage cloud environments in accordance with security guidelines.
* Generate quantifiable requirements and ensure requirements comply with end user requirements and government standards through formal verification methods.
* Translate high level cloud development strategies into requirement specifications and work with other engineering disciplines to develop lower level detailed implementation requirements.
* Monitor the consumption of cloud resources and system performance, making recommendations to optimize, as appropriate.
* Provide recommendations to cloud strategies and migrations; prepare technical implementation roadmaps for cloud adoption.
* Responsible for generating scripts and templates required for the automatic provisioning of resources
* Possess a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or Engineering, or in other related technical field, with a minimum of 7 years' relevant IT experience in cloud development
* Hands-on experience with experience with cloud-related technologies such as OpenStack, Linux, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, DevOps, NoSQL etc.
* Exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to proactively resolve issues
* Requires current TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance
* Possess one or more cloud-related certification such as AWS Solutions Architect, Cloud Security Certification, OpenStack Administrator Certification, or other.
* Possess an understanding of DEVOPS principles
This position requires the candidate to already possess an active TS/SCI with poly security clearance and to maintain the clearance.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.