Pomeroy is seeking a Sr. Cloud Automation Engineer to work in the Dahlgren, Virginia area for a contract-to-hire opportunity. This person will be required to work onsite several times a month with the customer, a large federal agency. If not in the Dahlgren, VA area then should be within 1 to 2 hours driving distance. Mileage and lodging would be reimbursed for travel to worksite.
- Securely develop and innovate current virtualized infrastructures into self service provisioning systems, enabling integration with on demand computer platforms, develops IaaS Systems for expansion within and beyond current data centers, identification, and development of new service platforms aligned with technology requirements.
- Build software that will improve the operational resiliency of Cloud infrastructure
- Automate tasks to eliminate the need for manual infrastructure interaction by the engineering staff, whether it is infrastructure provisioning, custom reporting on resources, infrastructure monitoring and alerting, or best practices enforcement
- Drive automation using popular cloud orchestration, configuration management, and CI/CD systems
- Creating infrastructure using repeatable templates and processes demonstrated by tearing them down and bringing them back up again in a safe and repeatable fashion with zero manual labor
- Use modern automation and configuration management tool to automate DevOps tasks such as code check-in, software builds, smoke testing, server provisioning, and distributed system installations and builds moving through multiple environments
- Build software to automate collection of infrastructure metrics and build dashboards
- Work as part of a dynamic team throughout the agile driven software development life cycle
- Collaborate with architects and product owners to implement enhancements or new solutions
- Develop quality code with end-to-end unit, functional and integration test cases
- Conduct design and peer code review to ensure compliance with standards
- 10+ years of experience with hands on IT implementing and supporting a diverse set of infrastructure technologies in medium to large enterprises.
- Software automation background that includes some or all of the following industry platforms: Cisco CloudCenter Suite, Cisco Container Platforms, Cisco Workload Optimization, CMPs such as Morpheus and CloudBolt, Jenkins, and Gitlab/GitHub.
- Cloud background that includes some or all of the following industry platforms: Kubernetes, GKE, AKS, EKS, Ansible AWX, VMware vSpher/vCenter, vCloud Director, and public clouds such as AWS, Google Cloud Platform, and Azure.
- Experience in IT Automation Architecture, Design, and Cloud Services Integration and Enterprise Service Application integration for large enterprise environments.
- Must understand the challenges of the modern digital world empowered by people and machines to continuously advance business performance to benefit everyone.
- Able to create training collateral to help upskill customers.