Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer's first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Class A CDL Driver
Are you seeking an entrepreneurial, empowering workplace that allows you to:
• Develop a career track
• Leverage your current skills while developing new skills
• Work with an incredible team of people
Sunbelt Rentals--the fastest growing rental business in North America--is seeking a Class A CDL Driver. We are seeking a Class A CDL driver to join our Oil & Gas team in Kenedy, TX. Sunbelt Rentals has developed a division devoted specifically to addressing the growing needs of this Oil & Gas industry, offering specialized knowledge and surface rental equipment to satisfy the requirements from drilling to completions to production.
The Class A CDL Driver role is a local delivery role with little to no overnight travel required. The primary function of our Drivers is to deliver and remove heavy construction equipment and supplies to and from the local customer worksite in the safest manner possible.
- Loading, unloading and securing equipment
- Deliver and recover equipment at the customer site. Delivery includes driving various pieces of heavy equipment off and onto the truck, such as a Boom lift, Scissorlift, Forklift, Excavator, Skidsteer Loader, etc.
- Perform daily commercial vehicle inspection to ensure operational safety.
- Learn and demonstrate Customer Service Standards for delivery service.
- Accurately obtain required signatures on rental contracts, pick up and exchange forms.
- Demonstration of proper and safe equipment usage to customer at point of delivery.
• Education High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
• Valid Driver's license with CDL License and acceptable driver's record
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities you may rely on:
• Prior training and/or experience with similar commercial equipment preferred
• Experience driving flat-beds, RGN/lowboy, dovetail trailers
• Ability to troubleshoot and make minor repairs to equipment and vehicle at job sites
• Customer service attitude
The physical demands of this role require bending, squatting, crouching, reaching, lifting 50 pounds or more, and working indoors/outdoors when required by the job. The above description is not a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to comply with applicable laws. Sunbelt Rentals is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran and any other protected class.
Related experience may include: Long Haul Driver, Heavy Haul Driver, Lowboy Driver, Equipment Driver, Equipment Operator, Owner-Operator, Delivery Driver
Gear up for an exciting career!
If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional recruiter.