Are you an Engineer seeking access to a variety of forensic investigation projects, work from home, and a network of 300 Professional Engineers? Are you looking to invest in your professional development and career growth?
Donan has the position for you! We are looking for a full-time Civil Structural Engineer in Philadelphia, PA with a Professional Engineer License to join our family.
Donan Civil Structural Engineers travel in their assigned region to perform on-site investigations and deliver a written report of findings and conclusions. Donan engineers consistently ensure the forensic investigations conform to our quality of standards by following the scientific method.
Benefits of Working as a Civil Structural Engineer at Donan:
- Work from Home (Remote)
- Flexible Schedule
- Compensatory Paid Time
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance Coverage
- HSA and HRA (Employer contributions)
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Supplemental Coverage
- Company paid short-term and long-term disability
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Matching
- Profit Sharing Bonus (10% of Annual Salary)
- Company Vehicle provided with maintenance program
- Laptop, cell phone, and all equipment provided
- Company issued credit card
- License and Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional development and external training
- Robust Rewards and Recognition Program
- Philanthropy Program
- Provide expert forensic analysis to clients on an array of multi-disciplined engineering projects, with an unbiased and honest conclusion.
- Write a technical report providing detailed and accurate information on completed projects.
- Consistently communicate, document your communication, with clients to provide timelines and updates.
- Providing expert testimony and/or depositions as needed on projects in which they have been assigned.
- Must be willing to work additional hours during period of peak business demand as deemed necessary.
- Provide excellent customer service to company internal and external customers.
- Proactively pursue additional training, mentoring opportunities, licenses, education, and/or certifications (cost covered by Donan).
- Must be willing to travel up to 50% of the work week to conduct project investigations in the assigned area of hire.
- Registered as an active Professional Engineer (P.E.) in the state applied (and must be willing to obtain additional state Professional Engineer licenses).
- Have an active NCEES record (Or be eligible to obtain within six months of employment).
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Civil or Structural Engineering or related engineering disciplines (Mechanical, Electrical, etc.)
- Two-three years of experience in failure analysis, knowledge of residential and/or commercial construction, building codes, and design is highly preferred .
- Required to have a valid driver's license, with an acceptable driving record.
- Required to have strong technical writing abilities with experience using Microsoft Word.
- Proficient with general computer skills (Microsoft Calendar, Outlook, PPT, etc.).
- Must have superior customer service skills, be team oriented and enjoy service-oriented work.
- Must be able to work efficiently with periods of minimal supervision due to remote (home office) setting.
- Must have access to home high-speed internet service and reliable cellular reception.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Required to meet all standards for pre-employment physical examination.
- Frequently required to stand on one's feet for prolonged periods of time.
- Frequently required to lift and/or move objects weighing 50-100 lbs.
- Frequently required to climb onto first and second story roofs, ascend/descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, etc.
- Frequently required to balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Frequently required to drive a vehicle for extended periods of time.
To view our current openings and locations, visit our website at . #Donan
Donan is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are an E-Verify participating employer.