Aerotek is currently seeking a qualified Civil Engineering Technician for a long term position for a Federal Utility in Vancouver, WA. Access to Holiday, Vacation and competitive benefits is provided.
This individual will provide technical support to engineers, project managers and other technicians in the design of assigned civil engineering projects to verify conformance to all institutional regulations and standards. This support includes preparing or revising engineering drawings and designs for transmission line access roads and preparing design specifications for the construction or reconstruction of access roads, bridges and culverts.
- A degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, or a directly-related field is preferred.
- With an applicable Associate's Degree, 3 years of experience is required.
- With an applicable Bachelor's Degree, ½ years of experience is required.
- Without a Degree, 5 years of experience is required.
- Experience must include specific engineering technician experience and demonstrate a wide range of project tasks.
- Experience must include working in civil engineering design for road and site plans, or a combination of education/experience that furnishes a thorough knowledge of the physical and mathematical sciences underlying professional applications of engineering techniques related to the field of Civil Engineering.
- Ability to design single lane aggregate roads.
- Knowledge of reconstruction of single lane aggregate roads.
- Ability to survey baselines and to develop stream profiles.
- Demonstrated ability to validate that specifications for the repair and construction of access roads and bridges are in accordance with policy and regulations, and are technically correct.
2 years' experience in the following skills:
- Road maintenance and construction techniques
- Developing cost estimates
- Disseminating technical information in writing and orally to outside agencies
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call or email .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.