This position is remote but will need to be available to go onsite for meetings occasionally.
This Cybersecurity - Engineer position will take the lead deploying, configuring, and managing Cisco ISE for Network Admission Control (NAC) and also Public Key Infrastructure (PKI). The candidate should have a strong understanding of computer networking fundamentals, and hands on experience with Cisco ISE for NAC and switch configurations. The candidate should have a good understanding of PKI fundamentals such as two-tier and three-tier architectures, certificate chaining verification, certificate auto-enrollment, certificate revocation, certificate template creation, etc. This position will also provide support for other Cybersecurity tools and services also managed by the Cybersecurity - Engineering team such as but not limited to firewalls, endpoint protection, DNS Security, site-to-site VPN's, vendor remote access management, etc. The Cybersecurity - Engineer will be expected to research, test, and implement security solutions that align with industry and organizational best practices and compliance initiatives. In addition, this position requires significant hands-on technical expertise to ensure all required security best practices are followed and documentation is accurate and complete.
At Children's Mercy, we are committed to ensuring that everyone feels welcomed within our walls. A successful candidate for this position will join us as we strive to create a workplace that reflects the community we serve, as well as our core values of kindness, curiosity, inclusion, team and integrity.
- Deploy and maintain ISE Policy, Monitor, and Administrator nodes. This includes but is not limited to ISE policy creation, device profiling, ISE server upgrades, installation of hotfixes, 3rd party integrations through pxGrid, etc.
- Configuration of Certificate Authorities and Certificate Templates.
- Prototype Cybersecurity solutions in an isolated lab environment to perform testing of various configurations in order to develop implementation plans and operational procedures.
- Install, configure, and manage various security tools and services managed by the Cybersecurity - Engineering team such as but not limited to firewalls, endpoint protection, monitoring systems, DNS security , site-to-site VPN's, etc.
- Create and contribute to project plans, coordinate project participation with other internal teams and vendors, gather requirements, create and represent Change Requests, develop communication plans, conduct pre and post change tests, implement changes, and track project progress.
- Collaborate with colleagues at all levels across the business in order to prioritize and provide guidance on improving Children's Mercy's overall security posture.
- Provide tier-3 support and troubleshooting for issues escalated to Cybersecurity - Engineering.
- Establish secure VPN and remote support capabilities for internal employees and vendors
- Provide hands on assistance with troubleshooting while leveraging tools such as Wireshark, Splunk, etc.
- Additional experience with scripting using Python, PowerShell, etc. to interface with API's is preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree required and 5-7 years experience in Cisco ISE for Network Admission Control (NAC) and also Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) is preferred
- Master's Degree preferred and 3-5 years experience
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Preferred
- Security+ Preferred
- Information Systems Security Engineering Professional (ISSEP) Preferred
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) Preferred
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Preferred
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Preferred
- Certified Vulnerability Assessor (CVA) Preferred