Company is actively seeking a Chief Operating Officer (COO) for our Business Management (BM) team, reporting directly to the CFO. This individual will also act as the Deputy Chief Financial Officer (CFO). The Business Management team consists of approximately 300 geographically dispersed staff among seven divisions: Planning & Budget Formulation, General Accounting, Planning & Financial Controls, Project Management Office, Acquisitions & Contracts Management, and Business Systems. Each of these divisions has an outstanding and vital function in enabling support to the mission of INL!
Our ideal candidate will have the ability to lead, be a change agent, understand the lab system, and have some functional knowledge in all directorate functions (Contracts/Finance/Project Management). We're seeking a strategic thinker with exceptional communication skills and the ability to get things done while exercising sound change management principles. We need an influencer who can garner buy-in for change from stake holders and upper management.
- Set the workforce's performance, effectiveness, efficiency, productivity, safety, evaluation, and management/internal control standards commensurate with strategic objectives.
- Business Assurance - Ensures appropriate business controls are in place and operating efficiently and optimally. Confirm compliance with applicable regulations and Laboratory policies and procedures. Verify effective training and deployment of business requirements.
- Strategic Planning - Ensures key goals, priorities, values, and other issues are considered in making program decisions.
- Human Resources Management - Leads Succession Planning and Development Planning efforts for the Directorate. Provide opportunities, career development, coaching and mentoring, and training.
- Program Development - Assures that programs and policies are being implemented and adjusted as vital, that the appropriate results are being achieved, and that a process for continually examining the quality of program activities is in place.
- Business Systems - Assists with acquisition and administration of business and information resources. Helps to set the direction for the Laboratory's business system strategy and implementation. Assists in setting the resource priorities and budget requests for the BM organization (Integrated Priority List, etc.)
- Organizational Representation and Liaison -Develop and maintain internal and external relations to achieve strategic and operational outcomes. This role is encouraged to develop an expansive professional network with other organizations and organizational units.
- Fosters a working environment where people work together cooperatively and effectively to achieve the organization's goals. Works with other Division Directors organizing work and setting priorities.
- Must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy Security Clearance
- Bachelor's Degree in Business and 15 years of relevant experience or MBA and 12 years
- Demonstrated senior level experience in leading a large and sophisticated business organization.
- Ability to interpret and integrate policy, and to exercise control and managerial oversight of projects and programs.
- Demonstrated executive-core abilities in strategic vision, management system structure, human resource management, business systems development and operations, financial management, contract and procurement management and administration, program development and evaluation, resource planning and management, and organizational development.
- Department of Energy experience preferred, ideally at a company