The Chief Human Resources Officer will be responsible for the company's People operations and best practices worldwide, as well as partnering with department heads and managers to reinforce Company's incredible corporate culture. The Chief Human Resources Officer will serve as a thought partner to the CEO and management team, providing guidance on leadership, employee relations, talent acquisition, compensation, organizational design and change, performance management, learning and development. You will also oversee the global People team and be responsible for leading, assessing, mentoring, and supporting team members across multiple departments and levels, with particular emphasis on scaling talent acquisition, employer branding, and People ops in a hyper-growth environment.
This is a rare opportunity to join an extremely fast-paced and dynamic global consumer tech company. Company is the world's #1 creative platform and social editing app with more than 150M monthly active creators and an install base of more than 1 billion!
Remote on US Eastern Standard Time zones or Europe. This role will require travel to various locations as needed.
- Develop and implement a People ops plan that aligns with the overall mission and strategy of the organization, resulting in a high-performing culture of success, accountability, transparency, and collaboration;
- Gain an understanding of the organization and participate fully in all relevant strategic and business decisions;
- Act as a strategic partner to all members of the executive team, especially to the CEO and COO, and provide insightful, innovative thinking and problem solving on critical HR issues;
- Optimize the People ops function/team, modernize, and refine key processes and activities aligned toward achieving strategic objectives;
- Provide leadership and guidance on special projects, people analytics & reporting, talent gap reviews, training, change management, organizational design, diversity and inclusion.
- Proactively manage resource allocation and maintain a competitive approach to recruiting and assimilating high-potential talent throughout the company;
- Provide recruiting leadership, ensuring a strong recruiting culture focused on candidate experience, diversity, timeliness, and quality while meeting demanding hiring volumes;
- Utilize automation and rigorous practices to maximal velocity in recruiting, onboarding, and training;
- Partner with departments to build data-driven interview processes;
- Advise on people programs and processes to enhance talent acquisition, retention, development, and succession;
- Develop comprehensive approaches to identifying skills gap, employee development, retention, and onboarding by refining or creating: compensation and benefits, career paths and employee development, succession planning, and learning opportunities as appropriate to the needs of the company;
- Oversee compensation practices and philosophy to ensure salary benchmarking and surveys are handled on a semi-annual basis;
- Guide the People team in supporting Performance Management, Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development, Employee Engagement, Total Rewards, Policy, and Compliance.
Culture and Development:
- Develop relationships with the employees and become someone who is sought for advice and counsel on HR, cultural, and organizational issues;
- Counsel, coach, and guide managers and staff in addressing concerns and complaints to assure fair and equitable treatment while ensuring compliance with local labor regulations and practices;
- Mediate employee relations and performance issues and provide counsel to fellow managers on appropriate methods of performance management, including terminations if necessary;
- Enhance the company's culture materials and ensure consistent delivery to existing and new team members;
- Make decisions on brand persona toward potential employees and how to best share those stories;
- Role model company's core values and demonstrate leadership consistently with all employees of the company.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree or MBA preferred;
- A history of relevant business and progressive HR experience ideal;
- Start-up experience within a similar tech/app based company is highly preferred.
- Experience managing people and teams of 1,000+ employees located in multiple time zones;
- Experience in hiring/leading high-performance Talent Acquisition teams and a hands-on approach to recruiting is required;
- Broad and deep experience as an HR Business Partner supporting executives or senior leadership;
- Unquestionable personal integrity, fairness, and credibility are necessary to gain the trust and commitment of individuals at all levels of the organization;
- Demonstrated success at cultivating strong relationships with different stakeholders;
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout the year to visit our offices;
- Passionate about the company's mission, enthusiastic about the challenges confronting the organization, and dedicated to achieving its goal.