Job ID: -2965
Location: EL SEGUNDO , CA , US
Date Posted: 2020-11-17
Subcategory: Cyber Eng/Archt
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is seeking a Cybersecurity SME on the Horizon Program. The Horizon Program serves the US Space Force and assists the Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) Special Programs Directorate (SMC/SP) in their mission to develop, deliver and sustain unrivaled space control systems and capabilities and equip US forces to gain, maintain and exploit space superiority for our nation. To support this complex and dynamic portfolio of next generation space control systems, Horizon is seeking cleared engineers across planning, development, integration and testing and deployment.
Cybersecurity SME will provide guidance and direction on subjects relating to the conduct and activities of cybersecurity strategy development. The successful candidate communi ca t e s c ompl e x p r og ra mm a tic c y b e rsecurity pl a n ning in f o r m a tion, o r a l l y a nd in wr itin g , e li c its und er st a nding a nd suppo r t fr om p r o fe ssio n a l p eer s a nd non - sp e c i a lists. De monst ra t e s b r o a d, e x p er t kno w l e d g e o f the Directorates mission, a utho r iti e s, a nd ca p a biliti e s a s we ll a s e quiv a l e nt in f o r m a tion r e g ar di n g the r ol e s a nd re sponsibiliti e s of the e x t er n a l p r og ra m mission p a r tn er s w hi c h in c lud e s ( but not limit e d to) oth e r D oD components , oth e r U .S. G ov e r n m e nt a g e n c i e s a nd test organizations such as Lead Developmental Test Organizations and Operational Test Agencies. E v a lu a t e s a nd c ondu c ts d e v e lopm e nt of corresponding and necessary system security re qui re m e nts a nd a ssists in crea ti n g cybersecurity strategies .
Daily activities include:
- Provides technical knowledge and analysis of complex problems that need knowledge of current best practices and Government mandated policies for effective development and implementation of cybersecurity solutions
- Possesses understanding and has experience in the application of cybersecurity principles, theories, and concepts in the required technical field, and has full knowledge of other related disciplines
- Provides technical expertise in areas such as Information Systems Architecture, Weapon Systems Architecture, Information Systems Integration, Software Development Methodologies, Security Engineering, Communications, Network Systems Management, etc.
- Provides technical expertise in areas that have system security and/or cybersecurity touch points such as logistics/supply chain management, defensive cyberspace operations, joint operations planning, policy, technical intelligence, etc.
- Initiates action for providing support to various on-going and/or required working groups such as system security working groups, cybersecurity working groups, change management boards, etc.
- Bachelors and 18+ years of experience; Masters and 16+ years of experience; PhD or JD and 15+ years of experience.
- Experience with program security and information systems security best practices, expertise and hands-on experience with security accreditation process
- Familiarity with applicable IC and DoD policies, procedures, and operating instructions related to program security, information assurance, information management, configuration management, and cyber defense
- Ideal candidate will be self-motivated, organized, detail oriented, and prepared to lead
- Qualified candidates must possess an active TS//SCI clearance and be willing to consent to a Polygraph
- CISSP, Security+, and Network+ certifications preferred
- Relevant experience and knowledge of Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO)