Would you like to be part of the new space movement? Are you a rock star engineer? Raytheon Intelligence & Space is the place for you. In the last few years you might have seen in your social media feed amazingly beautiful images of the Earth from space in exquisite detail. Or perhaps images in the news forecasting the weather and reporting on natural disasters. Maybe you've even gazed at images from deep space wondering when humans will journey to the farthest reaches of the universe. Behind many of these amazing images are the technologies and innovations created by the engineers at Raytheon Intelligence & Space. Situated in Aurora, Colorado, a location rich in the aerospace history, we have unparalleled heritage in advanced sensing systems and civil space. We are actively seeking a Chief Architect to help evolve our technology and grow our business into new domains and markets. Are you up to the challenge? We're looking for you.
The APEX program is looking to grow its Office of Chief Engineering group with the addition of a Chief Architect (CA). This Chief Architect provides technical direction and clarification of requirements and design to the entire program team, including systems engineers, software development teams and integration and test personnel. The Chief Architect will display extensive and substantial practical knowledge and experience of the architecture and will provide guidance to others including junior engineers encountering unusual situations. Identifies the project, enterprise and technology needs affecting the definition of the appropriate lifecycle model, and uses these in decision making. The Chief Architect uses enterprise-level policies, procedures, guidance and best practice to select lifecycles governing the project.
The Chief Architect chairs the Architecture Review Board and owns the architecture for the program. The Chief Architect leads technical interchange meetings with program management and the customer, along with the Chief Engineer, and represents the organization in matters pertaining to the development of the project.
* 10+ years demonstrated engineering leadership experience with proven track record.
* Strong understanding of architecture governance and design principles
* Experience conducting system architecture in systems that interact with multiple external entities.
* Experience leading or guiding IPTs, projects, and/or programs consisting of Ground-related Systems Engineer, Software development, and IV&V functions
* Experience helping to define and documenting enterprise-level policies, procedures, guidance and best practice for systems thinking activities, including associated tools.
* Experience reviewing the outputs of systems modeling and analysis, ensuring the results can be used for the intended purpose.
* Ability to decompose and communicate system architecture and governance concepts
* Ability to help create a vision and lead a team to implement common principles across the enterprise
* Ability to determine solutions compliant with system performance, availability and reliability constraints
* Experience leading IPTs, projects, and/or programs consisting of Systems Engineer, Software development, and I&T functions
* Experience in Systems Engineer process development and deployment
* Strong analytical and problem solving abilities. Reviews and judges the suitability of capability solutions and the planned approach.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively work with and communicate with management and individual contributors on the program team. Advises stakeholders on issues affecting the "broader" engineering approach to engineering activities.
* Familiarity with Cloud Architectures and deployment requirements for US DoD
* Experience with Satellite systems & ground architectures
* US citizen with a current TS/SCI w/Poly clearance
* Lead Chief Architect on a government contract
* 20+ years of industry experience
* Experience in a technical leadership role of a large (200+ person) multi-disciplined engineering team
* Experience in preparing and delivering briefings to customers and internal management
* Experience with new business development efforts through leading and writing proposals, supporting Engineering Bid Reviews (EBR).
Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM), or related STEM degree program from an Accredited University/School/College
Benefits offered: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and holidays.
"In compliance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role is $115,000 to $224,300; however, Raytheon Technologies considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate's work experience, education/training, and key skills."
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.