Job Title: Carpenter - Crate builder Location: Tucson, AZ Company Summary: Manufacturer of Industry leading design, installation and maintenance of lightning solutions and signs. Position Summary: Working as part of a team in a fast-paced production environment to fabricate and manufacture quality custom shipping containers and crates.
- Responsible for the construction of custom shipping containers and crates for the safe transport of goods and equipment to vendors, customers and other facilities.
- Measures finished product or parts and fabricates container in the appropriate manner for shipment.
- Builds container around the equipment or fabricates the container and places equipment within.
- Proper use of woodworking equipment, hand and power tools involved in fabricating custom shipping containers.
- Pack, skid, band, brace, cover and weigh parts and/or the fabricated container as required
- Perform any others duties as assigned by Supervisor or Management team
- Knowledge of shop mathematics
- Good working knowledge of woodworking
- Skilled in the use of all types of hand and power tools
- Able to work from blueprints, sketches and/or verbal instructions
- Experience using Forklift
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and written
- Ability to read and write in English
Staff Matters is proud to have been recognized by Inc. Magazine on its Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies in the USA. Staff Matters ranked as the fastest growing firm in Southern Arizona over a 3 year period. We ranked 26th among all industries statewide, and 35th in the USA among all HR services companies! Come find out what makes us so successful.
Staff Matters, Inc. is hired by many prominent employers to assist them in finding talented people. Our job openings are usually not advertised by our customers, which makes our company an excellent gateway to gain a position with the companies we support. At Staff Matters, our mission is to exemplify the stature of the recruiting and staffing industry in its importance in building organizations and changing people's lives for the betterment of our community. We build companies one talented person at a time, and to help people take meaningful steps in their careers, and we take our responsibility very seriously. The majority of the positions we have are NOT contract or temporary, but regular, full-time jobs. Please contact us if you or someone you know is looking for a new position and our recruiters will be in touch with you shortly. We cannot guarantee that we will have an open position that matches well with your background, but we will strive to be a valuable free resource to you during your job search. For additional tips and guidance on your career search, please check out our company website . By applying to our job, you agree that we may contact you by any contact means you provide to us, including phone, cell phone, text message, email, chat and video call.