This position assists in visitor identification and screening, the effective operation of video surveillance equipment to aid in the protection of property and assets, and detects the existence of safety hazards. The incumbent will be familiar with what to do with deliveries, how situations deescalate, and how to perform routine patrols. Perform other duties as assigned by Security Leadership. The following is required and not limited to:
• Secure premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting the building, equipment, and access points; permitting entry to logged visitors
• Provide security services at the facility while complying with stringent government regulations
• Ensure personal safety of staff, visitors and property
• Check identification and badges of persons entering the facility
• Provide escort services for visitors
• Assist in emergency and fire alarm evacuation procedures
• Respond to any unusual activities or distress
• Respond and investigate appropriately to reported situations
• Complete reports by recording observations, information, occurrences and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses; obtaining signatures
• Maintain logs, reports and records of occurrences
Job Type: Part-time or Per Diem; with the potential of Full-Time
Pay: $16.50 - $18.00 per hour
This position requires:
A) a High School Diploma/GED;
B) a minimum of 2 year experience in the security field or graduate of accredited security-related program (i.e. criminal justice degree, security training programs, CPR Certification, SPO training, SSPO, etc.) availability to work any assigned shift (Per-Diem).
Must be able to read, write legibly, understand, and follow verbal and written English instruction. Possess good customer and relations skills.
Must be able to communicate and interact effectively with Security peers, other clinic employees, physicians, the public, and work independently using good judgment and common sense.
Job may require travel to different locations in and around Boston. Job may require weekend shifts.
Must have previous security experience, military or law enforcement experience.
You are required to wear a mask throughout the entirety of shift.