This position is responsible for managing a portfolio of loans in foreclosure that are involved in mediation and/or complex litigation. The position is responsible for protecting M&T's interest in the subject mortgaged property, including appearing in court on behalf of M&T Bank and supplying attorneys involved with the case, necessary documentation and the most up to date information concerning the customer's account with M&T.
Location: This position is not a remote role, once offices are back open this person will be required to sit at our Crosspoint location in Getzville, NY
Travel: This position requires domestic travel in the U.S.
- Travel to mediation hearings and/or non-jury foreclosure trials and court hearings in person and/or attend hearings telephonically as a witness on behalf of M&T Bank.
- Provide proper loan documentation to attorneys to ensure they possess all information necessary to protect M&T's interest in the mortgaged property.
- For loans in foreclosure litigation, complete initial review of documents related to highly litigated cases, including discovery demands and gather backup and for submission to escalation point for further review. Manage any issues of material fact with respect to current or delinquent loans where a legal action has been filed against M&T.
- Understand and communicate possible loss mitigation and/or settlement options based on investor guidelines and legal risk, as set out by management.
- Adhere to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, regulatory and investor guidelines regarding foreclosure.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Scope of Responsibilities:
Appears as witness on behalf of M&T in court, may be subject to harsh questioning and cross examination. Interacts with internal and external M&T counsel.
Education and Experience Required:
A combined 6 years' higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 2 years' mortgage collections, loss mitigation and/or foreclosure experience.
Excellent communication skills.
Proficiency with word processing and spreadsheet software.
Education and Experience Preferred:
Juris Doctor degree or 5 years' mortgage collections and/or foreclosure experience.
Previous work experience with a mortgage foreclosure law firm.
Knowledge of M&T systems.
Getzville, New York, United States of America