WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW:
Opened in January of 1940, Winter Park Resort is the oldest continuously operating resort in the U.S., and located just 67 miles NW of Denver, is the closest major ski resort to the City. The resort is owned by the City and County of Denver and operated by Alterra Mountain Company and Winter Park Resort. Winter Park Resort is part of the rich history and tradition of Denver mountain parks, and is also one of Alterra's premier destination resorts in North America. Winter Park's traditions are deeply rooted in railroad, logging, and the early exploration of Grand County and the local Fraser Valley. Winter Park Resort's vision is to be widely known as an innovative and guest centric mountain resort area built around our authentic feel and world-class natural assets, offering an abundance of year-round activities. Our mission is to create authentic mountain experiences that inspire our team members and guests to grow and share their passion.
The Call Center - Accounting Manager is responsible for management of the Winter Park Central Reservations and Winter Park Resort Lodging departments' financial operations within the Call Center. This role oversees revenue recognition, financial reporting and performance, accounts payable/receivable, budget compliance and department accountability. Annually, the Winter Park Call Center processes more than $15,000,000 in sales transactions on over 10,000 booked reservations. The Accounting Manager is expected to maintain proper accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial records. The Accounting Manager reports directly to the Call Center Director. This role also works closely with Winter Park Resort's IT and Finance Departments and Alterra Mountain Company's IT and Finance Departments; assisting in reporting and development of system interfaces. The Accounting Manager supervises one Staff Accountant Lead, one seasonal Accounting Agent. Employment at Winter Park Resort is at-will.ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Oversees, organizes and executes all financial tasks of the Call Center as directed by the Call Center Director
- Monitors, reviews and accounts for all advanced reservations placed online and via the Call Center; including reviewing and monitoring existing technology systems to ensure accuracy of guest bookings and reservations
- Manages the Call Center's financial processes by establishing project plans, timelines and communications to ensure timely, compliant, and accurate completion
- Manages financial planning and analysis that promote fiscal accountability, performance improvement and positive teamwork for the Call Center
- Works with Call Center director in the preparation and implementation of Call Center's annual budgets, forecasts, and financial management plans
- Manages monthly forecast and variance financial reports, ensuring the delivery of accurate, timely, and complete reports
- Establishes internal work controls to monitor and review staff work for accuracy and timely processing to safeguard the assets of guests and to uphold the Call Center's financial compliance
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations, including the identification and correction of all reconciling items
- Develops and implements process improvement initiative as sees fit to improve communication and efficiency with the department's goals and objectives in mind
- Manages accounts payable processes of Call Center suppliers including supplier setup and verification, invoice and payment processing, and resolution of disputes and discrepancies
- Oversees guest accounts receivable including financial arrangements/considerations, receivable processing, and ensuring payment posting is properly recorded
- Manage hiring, training, and supervision of the Call Center Accounting staff
- Monitor and review all guest credit card activity for potential fraudulent activities and manage credit card chargeback processes including researching disputes and submitting rebuttals
- Development and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for Call Center accounting department
- As phone volume dictates, assist RSA's including answering calls and questions, making new reservations, changes and cancelations.
- Serve as Manager on Duty in the absence of Call Center Director and other Call Center management staff
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors and/or Master's Degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Finance or Accounting
- 3+ years professional work experience in an accounting or finance role
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and basic computer functionality; Microsoft Excel Power Users are preferred but not required
- Ability to learn and understand a variety of computer programs in a timely manner
- Must demonstrate strong leadership and management skills with the ability to work in a team situation
- Ability to creatively think through complicated processes and problems in a strategic manner and have the ability implement solutions in conjunction with the Call Center's goals
- Act ethically with integrity and honesty, with the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in an appropriate manner
- Mature and professional attitude to execute job requirements and sound decision making ability in prioritizing the work load
- Advanced knowledge of financial processes, internal controls and financial planning
- This position must submit to and pass a criminal background and credit check as a condition of employment
- This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other common office equipment on a constant basis
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile devices and basic office equipment on a constant basis
- Ability to work for extended periods of time sitting, standing, walking, kneeling, bending, reaching, and speaking on a constant basis
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position are subject to change. During times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It is the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to adhere to the Resort's Core Values: Respect, Excellence, Safety, Fun and Sustainability.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal
Employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment.
We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or local law.
Winter Park Resort will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.