Title: Business Systems Analyst 3
Duration: One Year Contract w/four additional years possible
Location: Vancouver, WA (onsite one-day for onboarding/badging then mostly remote during COVID)
NOTE - considered due to federal government requirement
The position will assist in TT efforts to modernize enterprise architecture by guiding business stakeholders and facilitate gathering and analyzing information using standard tools and approaches to: help clarify business operations, functions, perform gap analysis, document/map the current and future states, identify solution alternatives, evaluate the alternatives, and define processes.
This position will work in a small team to assist in the development and operations/maintenance of the programs under TTBG.
Supporting Requirements Development:
- Conduct interviews and facilitate workshops to elicit business requirements.
- Research, analyze, model and organize information for developing requirements.
- Decompose high-level information into details and abstract up from low-level information to distinguish between solution ideas and business needs.
- Facilitate requirements validation sessions and present findings.
- Resolve requirement conflicts between stakeholders.
- Research, document, and validate current and future state processes and designs (functional and technical)
- Help define approach, alternatives, and decision framework for alternative solutions analyses.
- Help define and execute business analysis approaches.
- Facilitate small, medium and large teams in problem solving, improvement opportunities using industry methodologies (i.e. Kanban, GE Workout or like tools/models).
- Perform organizational maturity analysis, assess gaps, and draft maturity roadmaps based on BPA system architectural goals and objectives. (Examples; ITIL, P3M3, CMMI).
- Provide analysis and support in the development / draft and recommendation of tools for organizational alignment, strategic content, alignment of capabilities and work, and a roadmap for success.
- Assist the TT Enterprise Architect (EA) by providing assistance creating guidance, road maps, principles, standards and best practices.
- Gather information related to current operational demands, disturbances, and improvements to assist the EA in creating a long-term strategic vision.
- Review existing business processes and establishes metrics that assist the EA in improving business processes.
- Assist TT EA with reviewing business processes and establishes metrics for improvement of business processes, as well as support of all architectural disciplines under their direction.
- Assist the TT EA with reviewing acquired or developed system(s) and architecture(s) are consistent with organization's cybersecurity architecture guidelines.
- Assist in the development of system security context, a preliminary system security Concept of Operations (CONOPS), and refinement of baseline system security requirements in accordance with applicable cybersecurity requirements.
- Refine, document and assist the EA in correlating data supporting the Risk Management Framework process activities and related documentation (e.g., system life-cycle support plans, concept of operations, operational procedures, and maintenance training materials).
- Assist the EA with documenting architecture and systems component changes supporting current user requirements and needs.
- Document and update as necessary all definition and architecture activities including meeting notes, agendas and supporting architectural documentation change recommendations.
- Support the EA with posting architecture documents, agendas and notes to the supporting SharePoint portal for each event type.
- Assist the EA with the integration of results regarding the identification of gaps in security architecture.
- Provide support for to document changes to the system CRPs along with maintaining CIP program requirements.
- Document and update as necessary all definition and architecture activities.
- Capture and assist the EA with integration of essential system capabilities or business functions required for partial or full system restoration after a catastrophic failure event.
- Assist with the development of preliminary system security Concept of Operations (CONOPS), and baseline system security requirements in accordance with applicable cybersecurity requirements.
Education & Corresponding Experience (required)
A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Information Technology, Engineering, Management, Technical Management, Computer Science (or closely related field) is required.
- With an applicable Bachelor's degree, 8 years of experience is required.
Experience should be work-related experience as a change manager, business analyst, business systems analyst, process analyst or equivalent experience, and should include:
- Direct work experience and knowledge of business analysis and/or business systems with demonstrated, proven skills in process analysis, re-engineering and optimization
- Direct work experience in change management principles and methodologies with a solid understanding of how people go through a change and the change process.
Required Technical Skills & Experience (required)
- Experience with business requirements gathering and data architecture.
Technical interviewing skills:
- Possess functional/process interviewing skills in the business environment
- Possess ability to facilitate groups through process design and requirements gathering sessions
- Enterprise Architecture experience, TOGAF (The Open Group Architecture Framework) Experience
Preferred Skills & Experience (optional)
Possess analytical skills sufficient to analyze data, identify quality assurance/quality control issues, and identify failure or maintenance trends.
Strong technical writing skills and the ability to present information in various forms such as textual, graphical and statistical.
Demonstrated expertise with logical process modeling concepts sufficient to aid in the documentation and development of business and system requirements.
Experience with the Prosci methodology for Change Management.
Experience with project management, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
Skilled in the definition and development of operational governance models to enable programmatic change.
Experience with SharePoint/Excel/Visio/Project
Archimate experience (Archi, Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect)
Everest Consultants is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal civil right laws. - provided by Dice