SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
Revenue producing role in the Oil, Gas and Chemicals industry of commodities based inspection services and high end technical laboratory services targeting oil and petrochemical trading groups, refineries, chemical plants, terminals, pipelines and other OGC based companies. The business development candidate should have knowledge of marine logistics or high end petroleum laboratory experience along with commercial acumen in the market. Role is expected to start producing revenue within 90 days.
- Increases sales and profitability in assigned accounts while meeting or exceeding sales targets.
- Establishes strategic sales growth plan through the development and regular update of a sales playbook.
- Proficient in technical sales in a service company based environment.
- Creates and maintains business relationships with key customers contacts and management through regularly scheduled meetings, anticipating customer needs and ensuring operational excellence.
- Direct service sales to petroleum traders, schedulers, loss control, laboratory managers, quality managers and other key decision makers.
- Key understanding of petroleum markets: crude/condensate, gasoline, jet fuel, distillates, black oils, chemicals, alternative fuels, LPG.
- Participates in entertainment activities with existing and new customers to develop and enhance our business relationships
- Manages quotes, pricing and contracts for clients, negotiating rates, understanding cost, margin and competition pricing strategies.
- Strong understanding of financials; P&L, PCC, LC.
- Maintains an operational knowledge of SGS's (35) offices as well as divisional services including: upstream, downstream, cargo treat, oil conditioning monitoring, calibration, and sample management.
- Continually involved in facilitating operational excellence by communicating customer needs to internal counterparts to ensure timely and accurate solutions to increase customer satisfaction.
- Increases industry awareness and knowledge by attending appropriate industry conferences and company meetings.
- Takes the lead on promoting self development through participation in company approved technical sales and leadership training programs in addition to on-the-job learning opportunities.
- Maintains sales information systems and expense reporting systems via communications of weekly highlights, contact reports, expense reports, etc. in a timely and accurate manner.
- College Degree, preferably in technical discipline or transferrable experience;
- Minimum of five years experience in the Oil, Gas and Chemicals industry or five years sales in a service provider industry.
- Hunter sales mentality with the ability to seek new business accounts/ revenue.
- A track record of repeated success in selling high value service solutions in a target led environment.
- Strong communication skill and intercompany agility to address client expectations and concerns throughout sales, operations and management
- Highly developed influencing and stakeholder management skills.
- Professional credibility, through an understanding of the oil and gas industry.
- Commercial acumen and advanced negotiation skills.
- Demonstrate strong computer skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Available to travel 25-30% (car, air, etc.)
- Must have unquestionable business and personal integrity ethical standards.
- High levels of resourcefulness, influence/organizational savvy, execution skills (strategy through implementation) as well as executive presence/impact are critical to the success of this individual.
- The tenacity and personal drive appropriate for winning new business
- Ability to interact and effectively communicate (multi level selling) with individuals at all levels in an organization
- Demonstrates a collaborate approach to problem solving for win/win solutions with peer team members, management and customers
- Able to juggle multiple demands while working in a fast paced environment
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.