We are seeking a Data Center Business Development Manager (BDM) to join our growing team in the Indiana market. The successful individual must possess a deep understanding of "data center" technologies including, but not limited to converged infrastructure; file and block data storage; server, desktop, and network virtualization; backup and recovery, disaster recovery and business continuity; and data security. The Data Center BDM will work directly with customers, Presidio core account teams as an overlay specialist, and with strategic OEM partners to align technology solutions with business needs, functionally and financially justify the solutions, provide customer support through the sales, deployment, and ongoing operational lifecycle of the solution.
This role requires strong data center sales experience and industry knowledge, a solid understanding of business and operational needs, and preferably experience in both strategic and implementation consulting. This individual should possess the ability to call on senior business executives (CEO, COO, CIO, VP) and possess a proven track record in successfully managing and closing complex service sales in challenging and large enterprise accounts. An ideal candidate will network with existing industry contacts or be able to build these contacts. A successful sales track record with DELL/EMC, VMWare, or Cisco in a data center-centric role is highly preferred.
The position will directly, or collaboratively with the core Presidio account team, assist in the identification and qualification of sales opportunities and work with appropriate a Solutions Architect(s) and Account Managers to develop and deliver the final proposed solution.
This role will also drive data center sales and delivery strategies. The candidate in this position will integrate across the organization with strategy leadership, Account Executives, Regional Vice Presidents, Services and Technical Sales Specialists. Accordingly the ability to work effectively in a team setting and manage multiple large opportunities is critical.
Sales Execution (directly or in conjunction with core account teams)
- Executes sales strategy by identifying customer needs and selling the appropriate products and company services.
- Maintains a targeted understanding of customers' business showing the ability to establish customer needs, buying cycles, and creating strong relationships to effectively drive sales and repeat business.
- Meets or exceed annual sales top line revenue and margin goals as defined by management.
- Manages individual sales objectives to include sales orders and billing activities
- Provides ongoing account management including, updating account information in company systems and resolving customer satisfaction issues
- Develop and grow relationships with strategic OEM's
- Works with inside sales team to ensure that quotes are provided and order requests are processed accurately.
- Works with engineering team to accurately scope projects.
- Adhere to sales process including but not limited to pipeline development and accurate forecasting via internal tools.
- Attends weekly Sales Commit calls and achieve weekly commitments.
- Submits presales service requests and attends presales conference calls. Performs extensive proposal writing and prepares sales information for customers.
- Attend trade shows, marketing events, and performs continuous marketing efforts to new and existing customers.
- Participate in weekly sales calls with sales team and management to communicate weekly sales and profit objectives.
- Participate in on-going sales training to ensure satisfactory performance, improve sales skills, stay abreast on emerging technologies, and maintains manufacturer sales certifications.
- Promote company culture and ethics and establishes name recognition.
- Work in a team environment to enhance all aspects of the sales strategy.
- Mentor and lead new hires in market.
- Participate in company efforts to improve the quality of sales organization.
- Knowledge of sales and marketing techniques and principles.
- Knowledge of administration and management principles, specifically in planning and resource allocation.
- Strong customer service skills and service orientation focus.
- Effective active learning and listening skills.
- Critical thinking, judgment, and decision-making skills.
- Strong monitoring and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and persuasion skills.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
- Ability to solve problems using deductive and inductive reasoning.
- Excellent oral and written communication and expression skills.
- Ability to sensitize and forecast problem areas.
- Ability to work closely and effectively with members across departments and at all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and/or military experience.
- A Master's degree in Business, Marketing, or Economics preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% percent of the time is required.
Presidio is a leading North American IT solutions provider focused on Digital Infrastructure, Cloud and Security solutions to create agile, secure infrastructure platforms for its customers. We deliver this technology expertise through a full life cycle model of professional, managed, and support services including strategy, consulting, implementation and design. By taking the time to deeply understand how our clients define success, we help them harness technology advances, simplify IT complexity and optimize their environments today while enabling future applications, user experiences, and revenue models. As of June 30, 2019, we serve approximately 7,900 middle-market, large, and government organizations across a diverse range of industries. Approximately 2,900 Presidio professionals, including more than 1,600 technical engineers, are based in 60+ offices across the United States in a unique, local delivery model combined with the national scale of a $3.0 billion dollar industry leader. We are passionate about driving results for our clients and delivering the highest quality of service in the industry. For more information visit: .
Our Digital Infrastructure solutions help make existing IT infrastructure more efficient, while equipping our clients for a cloud-flexible, mobile-ready, highly secured, insight-driven future. Given the millions of potential configurations across these technologies, our clients rely on our expertise to simplify a highly complex IT landscape, helping to identify and deploy the solutions most appropriate for their business needs. Our Digital Infrastructure solutions scale from workgroup to the largest enterprise requirements.
We help our clients take cloud strategy and adoption to the next level. Through our advanced cloud solutions practice, combined with Presidio's IT infrastructure expertise, we provide private, hybrid, and multi cloud solutions. By closely aligning our services and solutions with our strategic partners Microsoft Azure™, Amazon Web Services™, Intel ® and VMware™ Presidio offers cloud strategy, architecture and implementation services along with application rationalization and migration across the hybrid and multi-cloud data center environment. In addition, our new and innovative Presidio Cloud Concierge solution provides a foundation for Automation and Self-Services across Clouds to improve productivity and drive increased levels of governance and security.
Rather than a "one size fits all" approach, or having to choose between public or private, Presidio tailors a hybrid cloud strategy to meet your unique business requirements. We help our clients accelerate and simplify cloud adoption across the entire IT lifecycle.
Our comprehensive security risk methodology gives customers the ability to safeguard their environments and critical business data. This includes continuous threat protection and risk mitigation through the Presidio Cyber Risk Management program, a next generation approach that integrates security strategy, assessments, architecture and remediation, and aligns all of these with organizational goals.
Presidio Cyber Risk Management provides clients with a holistic approach for effective security policies and procedures, risk assessment and management, regulatory compliance, incident response, and education and awareness. We use an established risk management methodology and proprietary risk scoring process to provide the IT leader and board of directors with an ongoing view of their organization's risk exposure and remediation path.
Presidio is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer / VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identification or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
To read more about discrimination protections under Federal Law, please visit: ..... click apply for full job details