Ranked #15 on the 2019 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
We are seeking an experienced Business Development/Sales Manager to join our Building and Construction team in Orlando, FL.
- Oversee, manage, and provide client development leadership for the Orlando office.
- This would include tracking and reporting of key market information, facilitating strategy BD meetings, motivating and training others and major project pursuit, managing key client relationships and professional organization membership and networking. The position will involve spending 70+ percent of the time face-to-face with targeted strategic Clients.
- Works with local and regional operations to build client base with focus on A&E, ISD, City/Municipal/Government, and Commercial/Retail Development, and other sectors.
- Tracks and monitors account performance, profit center gross revenue, and maintain critical reporting excellence.
- Direct and manage overall Business Development and Sales process which includes client and project pursuits, RFPs, proposals, key wins and losses, industry activities and other general BD/marketing/Sales responsibilities. Understands Intertek-PSI core services and able to discuss and negotiate service proposals and win work.
- Attend professional organization, government and technical meetings/events as a representative of Intertek-PSI and coordinate/participate in these meetings and events on a regular basis.
- Works with Operations to respond to client needs. This may include leading collaborative efforts across multiple offices, regions, or division.
- Research potential Clients to determine Intertek-PSI service lines needed and establish initial and follow-up contacts with identified key decision makers.
- Assist with negotiation of Master Service Agreements or other client provided forms of agreement.
- Experienced in facilitate strategy meetings and client pursuits teams.
- Directs the activities and monitors the results of subordinate direct reports if applicable.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field and 5+ years' Business Development experience with direct sales experience in the civil engineering, architectural, or heavy civil/construction market preferably in the Central Florida Market preferred.
- Drive growth through accountability measured against sales quotas.
- Experienced Outside Sales professional with proven track record preferably in the A/E/C space.
- Coordinate and lead weekly sales meetings with Operational leaders within territory.
- Ability to learn and sell multiple service offerings, including, but not limited to Consulting Services, Construction Services, Geotechnical Services, Environmental Services.
- Proficient with CRM's, Microsoft Office, Lead Service software and other software.
- Dedicated and methodical documentation of client activities in CRM.
- Proficient in managing multiple concurrent opportunities from inception to close.
- Skilled identifying and opening doors with decision makers.
- Skilled in interpersonal interactions with clients at multiple levels: C-Suite, Project Managers, Estimators, Project Engineers.
- Leverage existing contacts to develop long term clients for Intertek PSI.
- Preferred understanding of construction market buying processes.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
LI - LM