We are seeking a seasoned Senior Business Development Manager (BDM) - Sales with experience selling business process, software development, QA, and testing, and mobility application services to Southern California accounts. The ideal candidate for this role will be an excellent communicator and orchestrator of strategic sales pursuits with a clear emphasis on pipeline development, expansion and closure. This individual must be able to create and foster strong relationships both externally and internally, and set a fast pace for success.
This position requires a leader who is a proactive, self-starter, who creates critical sales messages, leads deal qualification, assists in the orchestration of solution construction, validates need/budget/timeline, negotiates win/win scenarios, and can close effectively.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for generating new business and maintaining existing relationships in the market by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships. This successful individual will ensure all sales goals and objectives are achieved within prescribed time frames.
The ideal candidate will have direct experience in Business & IT consulting services displaying keen knowledge of medium and large multi-year deal opportunities, key competition, and inner-circle stakeholders. In this role you must be able to shape and sell multi-year medium and large, dynamic project engagements.
- New business development activities through direct sales/hunting.
- Responsible for lead generation resources on strategy, scripting, targeting efforts to generate consistent flow of new opportunities each week/month.
- Primary stakeholder in client-facing relationship building functions with senior responsibility for growth/strategic account management, performance, and contract fulfillment.
- Responsible for developing pipeline from direct sales activities and network of contacts, previous clients, etc.
- Revenue generation of $2M during first 12 months of employment.
- Responsible for creating new opportunities to sell integrated services involving ITO support.
- Identify potential sales channel partners to accelerate market penetration through resource leverage into new client segments.
- Work with Clients and SYMBIO team to create mutually beneficial contracts ensuring desired profit margins.
- Ensure proper implementation of contract during program launch by coordinating/ balancing resources across functional departments to meet Client service levels and internal financial goals (departments including IT, HR, Training and Quality, Operations, MIS, Finance and Legal).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 7 + years of experience as a Sales professional in an ITO/Applications Development environment.
- 3+ years of previous sales experience focusing on net new business in IT Consulting Services outsourcing and business process outsourcing.
- Must have a "Hunter" mentality with a proven record of success driving complex sales through a disciplined process.
- A deep and practiced knowledge of the consulting or professional services vendor RFP, proposal, pitch and SOW process.
- Experienced in hunting, farming, business development, P&L management and program delivery.
- Proven track record with selling diversified IT Professional Services onshore, nearshore and/or offshore.
- Proven prospecting and closing abilities having success in generating new business
- Excellent communication (oral and written and presentation skills)
- Proficiency using MS Office, e.g., PowerPoint, Excel and Word and the internet for research
- Background in relationship-building and contract negotiations
- Demonstrated ability to independently build a large pipeline of outbound leads, pursue and close.
- Task and deadline-oriented team player, with proven problem resolution skills and a high attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience in communicating effectively with all levels of management and representatives.
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills.
- Flexibility and versatility in problem analysis and resolution.
- Bachelor's Degree required; Master's Degree preferred.
- Will consider Dallas, TX or San Jose, CA based applicant.
This description portrays in general terms the type and level(s) of work performed and is not intended to be all-inclusive, nor the specific duties of any one incumbent.
This position can be hired at various levels.
Background Check/Drug Test: Due to the accountabilities within this job, a background check and Drug Test will be required as part of the selection process.