If you want to work for a company with a passion for quality and innovation, consider Franklin Electric, or one of our companies. As the premier designer and manufacturer of residential, agricultural, and commercial water and fuel systems, we're making a fundamental difference in the lives of people around the world. Your career at Franklin will be well rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits--and more. We understand a fulfilling family life is the foundation to a successful professional one. We strive to promote from within and help every employee realize their professional potential. We believe in lifetime careers that continually challenge and fulfill.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION Responsible for managing the growing of sales and market share with assigned accounts within an assigned territory. Develops and maintains large contractor accounts and reports on market opportunities and developments. Responsible for analyzing, developing, and implementing sales strategies within the region to achieve profitability. Oversees territory sales.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Completes sales to achieve corporate goals, objectives, and action plans. Seeks new customer opportunities and maintains current customer relationships. Provides highly technical, effective sales presentations.
* Develops short- and long-term forecasts, budgets, strategies, and marketing programs required to meet sales objectives.
* Maintains and grows existing customer accounts through an appropriate level of contact. Creates sales growth by securing business through strategic customer segments.
* Develops relationships with and completes sales with assigned regional and national customer bases. Converts non-customers into customers.
* Maintains contact with existing regional and national decision makers to ensure their specifications remain with Franklin Electric.
* Coordinates and attends regional tradeshows, state and regional shows, and territory seminars.
* Participates in pricing negotiations and purchasing contracts.
* Inputs contacts into the CRM software to track progress.
* Works with product teams to develop products that will grow sales and profitability. Provides feedback to product managers to meet customer needs.
* Works with the marketing team to ensure that marketing such as collateral, packaging, catalogs, Internet presence, etc., meets customer demand.
* Provides customer service as necessary through warranty service, training, open houses, product application and sizing, and informing customers of product changes.
* Coordinates and attends tradeshows, state and regional shows, and territory seminars.
* Achieves continual sales and profit growth within the assigned territory.
* Establishes new relationships to earn customers' equipment specifications.
* Researches and reports competitive threats and provides recommendations on how to respond.
* Provides input to assist in steering product development to the marketplace and toward customers' needs and opportunities.
* Provides short- and long-term product forecasts to meet sales objectives.
* Contracts with independent representatives to achieve sales goals.
* Works with product teams to develop products that will grow sales and profitability. Provides feedback to product managers in order to meet customer needs.
* Works with the marketing team to ensure marketing such as collateral, packaging, catalogs, Internet presence, etc., meets customer demand.
* Inputs relevant information into the CRM software to track progress, including written reports concerning dealer, distributor, end user, and competitor information.
* Monitors and maintains sales goals and expenses.
* Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
* Contracts with external sales persons to achieve sales goals as necessary and feasible.