**Important** Please refer to the 'How to Apply' section at the end of the listing. Simply applying through LinkedIn will not allow for your application to be considered.**
Established in 2014, Marigold & Grey is an artisan gifting business specializing in custom gift design for corporate events, high-end weddings, and year-round client appreciation gifting while simultaneously operating an e-commerce platform aimed at the consumer market. We believe that gifting should not only be easy and stress-free for our clients but also well-curated and beautiful at the same time. Through hard work, dedication to our clients, non-stop teamwork, and an eye for design, we have enjoyed significant growth over the last 6+ years. We've also enjoyed national recognition, both in print and digital, in publications such as Martha Stewart Weddings, The New York Times, The Knot, BRIDES Magazine, Southern Weddings, Washingtonian Bride & Groom, and more. We're proud to have worked with brands such as Google, LinkedIn, Shopify, Microsoft, Pinterest, Dell, Kate Spade New York, Spanx, Nestle, Capital One, and more.
Are you eager to assume a hands-on role within a growing small business and play an instrumental role in taking existing year-over-year growth to the next level? Are you a self-starter and motivated to meet and exceed your sales goals? Are you an excellent communicator, equally skilled at being a good listener? Are you uniquely gifted at quickly establishing rapport with strangers and building relationships with ease? Do you have a proven track-record in outside B2B sales? If so, this opportunity just might be the perfect one for you.
We are currently searching for a self-motivated, energetic, and detail-oriented Business Development Manager to join our team and work both remotely and onsite in our DC-area gifting studio! This Business Development Manager role is designed to establish new accounts as well as grow existing accounts. This is a mid-level sales position with potential for advancement.
Sales & Sales Support
- Independently identify potential new clients and make contact through cold-calling and emailing with the goal of scheduling and conducting your own sales meetings
- Set in-person client meetings with the purpose of gaining new business
- Assist Design Team with generating client proposals, as needed
- Establish, develop, and maintain positive business and client relationships
- Expedite the resolution of client problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction, as needed
- Meet and exceed monthly sales activity and revenue goals
- Coordinate sales efforts with team members and other departments
- Identify target markets and analyze competitive landscape within each target market
- Provide management and team members with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services
- Keep abreast of best practices in sales, client retention, and marketing trends within the gifting space
- Continuously improve through feedback
- Independently conduct phone calls, Zoom meetings, and/or in-person meetings with both incoming leads as well as existing pipeline
- Populate client information and activity as well as project details in CRM system
- Follow-up on outstanding prospects as well as selling into existing client base
- 3-5 years of outside B2B sales with proven track record of consistently meeting and exceeding sales goals
- Ability to work both remotely and onsite in our DC-area studio space as well as meet with clients in-person at their locations
- Comfortable with commission-based compensation package
- Ability to quickly build rapport and establish and maintain strong relationships with new and existing clients
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a personality that welcomes challenges rather than avoiding them
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both internally with co-workers and externally with potential and existing clients
- Ability to represent the Marigold & Grey brand in keeping with brand values
- Ability to travel within the DC/MD/VA area via own transportation
- Ability to work both independently as well as within a team
- A genuine desire to assume a very hands-on role within a fast-growing creative small business
- Full-Time Position
- Monday - Friday; Occasional Weekends but Very Rare
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Healthcare, Dental, and Vision Benefits Package
- Salary + Commission; Commensurate with experience
- Opportunity to Advance within the Company
How to Apply:
- Email resumé, cover letter, and pay requirements to . Include "BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER" in the subject line of the email response so we can easily identify your application.
- Important: Applications submitted without the three requirements listed above will not be considered.
- No phone calls please.
If you think you're a good fit for us and us for you, we look forward to hearing from you!