Basic Purpose: Business Development Executive - Informatics
Profitably grow revenue from current and new targeted health system and PLS accounts by building relationships with C-suite and key decision-makers, developing comprehensive proposals and delivering value propositions for our analytics solutions and services that result in the award of new and upsell contracts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Target and secure profitable health system reference laboratory business in line with the Company's growth strategy by effectively targeting prospective new accounts.
• Understand, promote and leverage the company's enterprise products and service model offerings as part of the overall value proposition.
• Create in-depth prospect profiles, build relationships with decision-makers, understand client needs, develop and present proposals to secure new business in analytics and solutions services.
• Develop strategies and tactics to penetrate Health System, PLS and National GPO organizations at the C-suite to promote analytics portfolio
• Provide in depth knowledge of EMR and LIS interfaces, and integration of analytics capabilities into the workflow of health systems.
• At the Health System level, identify additional needs and drive sales of analytics products and new offerings to existing customers
• As a subject matter expert, close challenging transactions as a result of executive interactions with Health systems and National GPO organizations.
• Develop pricing guidelines, negotiation strategies and contracting requirements for analytics solutions and services integrated into the current health system portfolio of services
• Drive adoption, utilization, awareness and value of analytics portfolio within contracted health systems
• Provide overall support to new accounts to ensure clients receive highest level of service during their on-boarding phase; transition to account manager and ensure an effective service transition.
• Track activity levels and effectiveness of Executive presentations, follow-up, service responsiveness and problem resolution for health systems solution services
• Manage relationships with technology partners and primary contacts (sales leader) to ensure strict alignment and effective collaboration resulting in true partnership from technology partner point of view.
• Collaborate in market with technology partner to drive sales, value proposition, messaging and closes
• Determine call point leadership for each opportunity, i.e.: Quest, hc1, or a joint-call.
• Develop and execute strategic plans by bringing together the key people, processes and functions to deliver unique cross-business solutions for individual health system Engage with sales leaders, marketing and operations in developing market plans and value propositions for targeted health systems for both introduction of analytics portfolio solutions and services or upsell opportunities
• Maintain a sufficient pipeline of opportunities to ensure a close rate that achieves the annual goal.
• Stay abreast of changes in the marketplace impacting customers. Maintain a working knowledge of the company's differentiating products and those of the competitors.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Information Technology or the Life Sciences, or Master preferred
• 10+ years of experience in the diagnostic healthcare space including account management, consultative sales and C-suite negotiations.
- 6+ years negotiating agreements with health system executives and National GPO organizations
- Conceptual-selling experience of healthcare content or related technical, data analytics, informatics, software and/or IT products and value propositions.
- Experience in SAAS technology sales highly desired
• Demonstrated success in generating new sales through C-suite interactions and by providing direction to field resources who report to other leaders.
• Demonstrated success at engaging with clients and partners from business leaders to medical professionals in a confidence and persuasive manner.
• Knowledge of reference laboratory business as well as typical laboratory benches, tests, operational flow and processes
• Knowledge of the healthcare industry, payors and regulations
• Understand general economics of B2B business transactions
• Track record demonstrating strong "closing" skills and revenue growth
• Ability to travel across significant geographical region including by air
• Experience with laboratory interfaces, specifically Epic, Cerner, and Allscripts preferred
• Business Acumen
• Action Oriented
• Customer Focus
• Presentation Skills
• Interpersonal savvy
• Priority Setting
• Drive for Results
• Political Savvy