SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
As a member of the Industrial Leadership team, the Director, Business Development and Mergers & Acquisitions drives business development growth in the Industrial Infrastructure and Construction (I&C) sector. Works closely with the VP of Industrial Operations to refine the growth strategy and formulate a portfolio road map of preferred activities, identify potential targets, help deliver transactions and ownership of resultant integration activity. Provides traditional commercial support to develop organic growth where applicable. Works closely with North American Corporate Development team during acquisition case building and due diligence.
- Leads the Industrial Industrial Infrastructure and Construction (I&C) initiatives in developing and implementing the growth road map.
- Develops a pipeline of suitable acquisition targets.
- Develops a pipeline of organic opportunities with specific focus on outsourcing opportunities.
- Serves as an integral part of integration strategy and execution.
- Significant commercial outreach into the I&C Sector in the areas of research, technology trends, technical committees, trade shows and target prospecting, etc.
- Develops the business case for specific inorganic and organic transactions.
- Prepares and supports the internal review of I&C acquisition projects.
- Reviews operational, technical and commercial assessments of acquisition.
- Manages the non-financial considerations of the acquisition / business development process
- Monitors and coordinates the integration process with local management, business management and supporting functions.
- Produces presentations, spreadsheets, information memorandum, etc.
- At all times, complies with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Science or Engineering that's directly applicable to the I&C sector (Mechanical, Geotech, Materials, Civil, etc.). Business degrees only advantageous in the absence of technical qualifications providing it's combined with significant sector experience.
- Minimum 10 years of broad base management / commercial experience in the US Infrastructure and Construction arena.
- Experience of successful acquisition transactions, post-merger integration, financial transactions, business development and business strategy formulation.
- Experience in deal making
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.