Guidehouse is a leading management consulting firm serving the public and commercial markets. We guide our clients forward towards new futures that build trust in society and your professional skills along the journey. Join us at Guidehouse.
As a Business Continuity Planner Consultant, you will be performing the following:
- Support organizational planning to address disasters, interruptions of business functions and enterprise resilience.
- Interpret government regulations and applicable directives, and advises government management on the best course of action to meet program goals, objectives and compliance with program mandates.
- Assist with the development of plans for continuity of essential functions and resumption of complete business operations.
- Monitor business and operation changes to ensure plans remain current and valid.
- Perform business process analysis/business impact analysis (BPA/BIA), risk assessments of essential functions and/or information systems in accordance with federal directives and industry best practices.
- Prepare and conduct training briefings and overviews to educate workforce personnel.
- Prepare and submit position and information papers in response to government requirements.
The following qualifications must be met to be considered for this role:
- An ACTIVE and CURRENT TOP SECRET/SCI security clearance with a FULL SCOPE polygraph
- Associate's degree in Emergency Management, Business Information Systems, Technology, or other related discipline.
- The following may be substituted for an AA degree:
- two years of related experience, and
- Coursework towards completion of the FEMA Continuity of Operations Excellence Series - Level 1
- Professional Continuity Practitioner), or certification in an emergency management related field.
- Strong communications skills
- Experience with government clients
- Knowledge of the Business Continuity Planning process
- Assist in business continuity planning, analysis, and risk management
- Assist in designing, coordinative, and conducting continuity exercises in accordance with (IAW) Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Exercise Evaluation Program (HSEEP) guidelines
- Problem solving skills
- Time management skills
The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1- or via email at . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program
- Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive