The Business Analyst - Procure To Pay Process Enablement is responsible for helping to define future-state processes, benchmarking process health & service delivery against industry standards, defining & coordinating process reengineering or improvement efforts, ensuring GBS complies with audit requirements, & driving step-function improvements in service delivery & internal controls reliance with a focus on Procure to Pay.ARE YOU PASSIONATE ABOUT:
- Acting as a subject matter expert in Procure to Pay (e.g., Supplier Onboarding/Data Management, Requisition and Purchase Order Processing, Supplier Scheduling, Receiving, Accounts Payable, and T&E) to provide guidance and insights on improvement potential.
- Being a functional expert with business domain knowledge in the assigned workstream to design or reengineer business processes & supporting systems. Act as a system engineer and deployment lead to assist in translating process requirements to IT applications, service delivery procedures, policies, training & organizational capability.
- Providing thought leadership regarding improvement initiative roadmaps through awareness of industry best practices, as-is performance gaps related to service delivery, cost structure, quality & efficiency.
- Engaging with Procure to Pay Global Process Owner & service delivery organizations to globally align metrics, scorecards, & performance measurements.
- Analyzing performance gaps & diagnosing root cause problems. Recommending process, methods, system & capability solutions to sustain performance improvement.
- Making continuous improvement recommendations & present project conclusions leveraging best practices, process measurements.
- Facilitating meetings or workshops up, down & across the organization to build alignment around recommended solutions to complex problems.
- Reviewing performance metrics for the purpose of benchmarking to best-in-class processes, & identification of potential KPI opportunities. Engage in external research, networking & benchmarking activities to gain perspective on the art-of-the-possible.
- Partnering with Procure to Pay GPO to develop & prioritize a roadmap of improvement initiatives to drive value within the GBS site of business services.
- Global Shared Services
- Creating & maintaining process capability models, value stream maps, system diagrams & std work instructions for baseline processes.
- Creating & maintaining user training materials.
- Creating functional specifications for IT systems changes.
- Developing & executing test plans for IT systems changes.
- Partnering with regional service delivery organizations to activate CPI teams, drive efforts to reduce delivery errors, increase efficiency, reduce operational risk, & mature internal controls environment.
- Leading process & systems solutioning workshops to derive & vet improvement recommendations.
- Collaborating w/IT to plan, organize, scope, schedule & implement technology tools, automation & application enhancements
- Organizing, plan & launch implementation projects to realize improvement potential.
- Acting as a project manager for the implementation of improvement initiatives.
- Driving organizational adoption of recommended changes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Finance, Business or related field
- Advanced degree (MBA, Master's) preferred
- 4+ years progressive shared services, GBS, accounting, Procure to Pay; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2+ years in a leadership role
- Knowledge of SAP Procurement functionality required; Ariba Buying and Invoicing and SLP experience preferred
- Occasional travel either locally, nationally, and/or internationally may be required.
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Collaboration tools, Project Management & Internet applications.
- Experience identifying, leading & implementing transformative process changes
- Demonstrated proficiency with CPI methodologies, performance measurement & predictive modeling, organizational change methods & tools preferred
- Proven track record of driving process standards & adoption of best practices within Procure to Pay processes
- Superior problem-solving skills. Demonstrated ability to diagnose problems which could be related to process, technology, strategy or people & define countermeasures
- Demonstrated project management skills. PMI certification desired
- Proven ability to pull a diverse group of individuals with different views, goals or cultural norms together & facilitate productive discussion
- Leadership skills to motivate a diverse set of regional & business unit teams working under tight timeline
- Exceptional collaboration, active listening, verbal & written communication skills. Experience presenting complex ideas, anticipating objections, & influencing others to adopt a different point-of-view. Excellent public speaking, presentation, and training skills to all levels of the organization are required.
- Advanced consulting skills. Active listener, with the ability to take a stand & articulate the position in a way the creates understanding & alignment
- Executive presence & influence skills. Ability to develop strong case-for-change & compelling value propositions to influence executive level stakeholders.
- Soft skills to deliver communications, training, & OCM to realize value from process improvement initiatives
- Advanced leadership skills to facilitate process improvement initiatives & close performance gaps between as-is & best practice
- Internal drive to work through internal/external business challenges/setbacks to solve complex problems
- Financial acumen & experience developing business case to support project proposals
- Full lifecycle business process improvement experience. Global ERP implementation experience preferred
- Shared services experience instilling operational metrics, service mgmt procedures, CPI methods & roadmaps
- International experience & awareness of cultural differences
- SAP domain expertise
- Prior experience in manufacturing or professional services industries
#LI-BSPHYSICAL ASPECTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
• Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; and talk, hear and see.
• Regularly/Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
At Matthews International, we believe in a world of inspired possibilities. We believe that taking pride in our past inspires growth for the future. And that we all have a responsibility to explore new ways of thinking, working and advancing our craft.
Globally headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Matthews International is home to a global network of employees operating in three distinct industries-SGK Brand Solutions, Memorialization and Industrial Technologies. We care deeply about what they do each day-because when we're inspired, we can inspire others. We can make difference that goes beyond expectations-for our clients, our community and our company.
Our dedication, drive and determination empower creativity and give us strength to transform inspired possibilities into inspiring realities. This is strengthened by our values which are fundamental to our business and guide how we work-to demonstrate integrity, cultivate employees, be our best, innovate and live the Matthews spirit.
Matthews International affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.