The Business Analyst will play a key role in improving the operating performance of Empire Today's customer-facing and internal operations. The company is going through two sets of fundamental change: the increasing expectations we have for ourselves around how we do what we do and the implementation of new ERP and operating systems. These changes have created the need for a team focused on process - design, improvement, training, tools, and adherence. The Manager, Field Audit will be a key member of this team with a focus on systemic and local process adherence.
The Analyst is responsible for the evaluation, development, continuous improvement, change management, auditing, testing, and reporting on the effective execution of operational processes for Empire's Customer Delivery organization in multiple functions in our local markets and across the country, as well as the alignment of processes across functions.
Reporting to the Director, Process Improvement & Field Audit, the Manager will:
- Individually or as part of / leader of project teams, assess the company's, or sub-units of the company's, adherence to and operating performance on identified processes -- cost, quality, reliability, and / or compliance -- through execution and improvement of a structured review and audit process
- Drive the adoption and refinement of processes in Empire's new ERP system and help with its nationwide rollout during 2020/2021.
- Improve the consistency of process and procedure execution to reduce outcome variability across markets, allowing the business to continually improve its ability to deliver for its customers
- Elicits, analyzes, specifies and validates the business needs of stakeholders (end users)
- Conducts interviews to gather customer requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods.
- Identifies and establishes scope and parameters of requirements analysis on a project-by-project basis to define project impact, outcome criteria, and metrics.
- Analyzes and verifies requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
- Assists with the interpretation of customer requirements into feasible options, and communicating these back to the business stakeholders.
- Manages and tracks the status of requirements throughout the project lifecycle; enforce and redefine as necessary.
- Participate in a program that
- Identifies, catalogs, and prioritizes process improvement opportunities
- Pilots efforts in a limited set of markets to prove out new methodology, then scales up across the rest of the organization.
- Work with field, operating, and executive leadership to successfully execute process improvement projects and activities. Help promote a culture of process thinking and continuous improvement across the organization by modeling
- Data-driven approaches for process- and self-assessment and improvement
- Focus on support local teams and execution
- Work closely and collaboratively with functional, regional, and market leaders
- Be based in Northlake, IL and be prepared to travel up to 50%. Note that 2020 may involve more extensive travel as we implement our new systems nationally.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Relevant fields of study are preferred, including business, operations, IT, finance, engineering, or the like
- Relevant post-graduate education or advanced certifications are pluses.
- 3+ years of experience demonstrating progressive responsibility in roles focused on process improvement or similar disciplines
- Some applied experience with requirements gathering, implementation, and / or process training. Experience in a service setting is important.
- Experience in a geographically-distributed organization is preferred
- Strong verbal and written and communication skills
- Strong project management skills, especially if accompanied with experience with structured tools and methodologies
- Capability to think broadly and locally accompanied by strong analytical skills
- Able to coach and teach the organization on processes, SOPs, and best practices
- Strong execution ability and a sense of urgency.
- Ability to balance the theoretical / philosophical with the pragmatic
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment and to work and collaborate with others, to consider the needs of all affected groups, and to build/leverage relationships across functions and organizations to achieve business results
- Demonstrated ability to become expert in various computer systems and processes
Employees are eligible for numerous benefits including:
- Quick enrollment into our benefit plans. Eligibility is first of the month following just two weeks of employment.
- A premium 401K Investment Plan, with the company matching your amount invested dollar for dollar up to 4% with no vesting. Find another Company that can beat that!
- Medical Insurance with several plan options and a Health Savings Account to meet you and your family's health needs.
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Dental Insurance - Twice a year visits at no cost.
- Vision Insurance with materials coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical & Dependent Care
- Wellness Program - A best in class program offering substantial awards payable right on your paycheck
- Basic Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short Term Disability Coverage
- Long Term Disability Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays including Floating Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO) that grows with years of service
- Empire Perks - An employee discount purchasing program offering you great savings on the things you want.
The company conducts a background check and drug screen for all new hires.
Empire Today is an equal opportunity employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills.
By Submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Empire Today to transmit and store your information in the Empire Today group companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
About EMPIRE TODAY®
Empire Today has been a leading provider of installed home improvements for 60 years. Empire offers the largest in-stock selection of flooring in the United States. Convenience, quality, and selection make Empire stand out. With Empire Today, homeowners and business customers can get quality Carpet, Hardwood, Laminate, Tile, Vinyl Flooring, and Window Treatments from top brands they know and trust. And because Empire warehouses thousands of products, customers can get the right product, professionally installed when they need it, as soon as the next day.
Empire was founded in 1959 and provides service to more than 70 metropolitan areas in the United States. With more than three million satisfied customers, Empire Today is dedicated to its mission of Making Beautiful New Floors Easy.