The Business Analyst II...
- Serves as a liaison between the Business Units and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to prioritized Business Unit needs.
- Possesses expertise in the business processes used in the Business Unit(s) they support, as well as an understanding of the IT organization's systems and capabilities.
- Helps to determine opportunities to automate and standardize business processes and functions.
- Translates high level business requirements into functional/technical specifications for Southern's IT organization and manages changes to such specifications.
- Educates the IT organization on key business strategies.
- Negotiates agreements and commitments by facilitating communication between the Business Unit(s) and IT from initial requirements to final implementation.
- Possesses and understanding of technological trends and the business and technical infrastructure landscape and uses this knowledge to bring solutions to improve business results to Business Unit(s) and IT leadership.
Strategy (25%): Determine opportunities to redesign business processes to achieve better business results Determine opportunities to automate business processes and functions.
Execution (50%): Serve as liaison between Business Unit(s) and IT on projects and enhancements Conduct requirements gathering and translate high level business requirements into functional specifications Create and maintain business process, requirements, and functional specification documentation Support the creation of test plans - especially User Acceptance Testing Perform testing duties as needed, working with end users and project teams during the design, construction, testing and implementation of modifications to systems Communicate systems and procedural changes to end users through excellent written and oral communications.
Building Capabilities (25%): Serve as an expert to support the education and training of end users, working to increase end user proficiency and adoption of implemented solutions Understand, communicate and reinforce standard business process concepts and methodology within the IT organization Establish and maintain relationships with key Business Unit personnel.