This role would suit a Building Surveyor with a couple of years post qualification experience looking to gain more experience in a fast paced retail environment with a large diverse portfolio of properties. Ideally the candidate should be from a Building Surveying / Construction background and be MRICS or MCIOB qualified.
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
- Controlling and auditing of Construction Design & Management documentation received from new build and refurbishment projects and managing the efficient transfer of this information in full to Maintenance.
- Setting up of all relevant projects on Compass (in-house safe system of work) and ensuring compliance by all contractors and consultants
- Advice / liaison to Maintenance Helpdesk Co-ordinators regarding store maintenance matters particularly with reference to CDM and O&M documentation
- Managing approved maintenance contractors and operational service providers/contracts and ensure a high quality, value for money service is delivered to stores
- Provide instruction and advice on a wide range of building fabric and structure issues.
- CDM: Ensure that correct CDM documentation is received from Landlords, Developers and in house Project Managers upon completion of a new property or refurbishment of an existing store. Co-ordinate the correct application of the as-built documentation and update as necessary
- Maintenance helpdesk: To provide technical advice to the Maintenance Helpdesk Co-ordinators to ensure that jobs are instructed and carried out in an accurate and timely manner
- Estate Management: To carry out a wide range of functions to ensure the smooth delivery of a quality, value for money maintenance service to the Iceland estate; including management of maintenance contractors, specification writing, quote appraisal, cost management, condition surveys, project management of major refurbishment schemes and the running of operational service contracts
- Data analysis: To analyse and report on data from the Iceland maintenance management system (Compass) to identify trends affecting the estate
- Store liaison: Provide interface between the Maintenance Helpdesk and Iceland stores over technical maintenance related issues
- Budget: Assist the Head of Estate Management and Senior Building Surveyors with the control of operational contracts, management of major projects and reactive/planned maintenance budgets
- Administration: Oversee and maintain the Maintenance Management System (Compass) for assigned responsibilities, specifically in relation to CDM, so that it is kept up to date and accurate.
- Business Advice: To provide accurate and timely advice to key stake holders as and when required
- External Relationships: Foster and maintain good relationships with Contractors, service providers and external bodies
- Professional Competence: Keep up to date with technical/professional advances and legislative changes in order to provide high standards of advice to Iceland by reading professional journals, attending appropriate courses.
- On Call Manager: As required on a rota basis, to act as on call manager and provide advice and instruction on any maintenance related escalations outside of normal working hou
Make a difference to your career at Iceland, we expect a lot but you’ll get a lot back in return. We will help you to grow and develop your career and give you the freedom to show that you really care.
Our benefits package includes:
- A very competitive salary with an excellent benefits package
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 days bank holiday
- Flexible working
- 10% store discount, 30% discount with Club Individual Restaurant Group
- Free parking onsite
- Double discount weeks
- Highly subsidised restaurant onsite with our own Michelin Star Chef!
- Subsidised Costa onsite
- Discounted gym membership
- Charity fundraising events
- Educational sponsorship
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Long service awards
- Reward & recognition
Rewards discount / cashback scheme at over 150 retailers.
- Project Managers