WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a leading provider of architectural, engineering and consulting services , including design, planning, environmental, construction and program management. The company provides its comprehensive range of services and solutions to support U.S. federal, state, and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker's more than 3,000 employees across nearly 100 locations are committed to a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve challenges for clients and communities throughout the country. To learn more, visit .
Michael Baker International's Construction Services staff supports clients by acting as their trusted on-site agent through all phases of construction, from pre-design to close-out, by providing qualified construction managers, inspectors, constructability reviewers, schedulers, estimators and safety experts. As new technologies evolve throughout the construction industry, innovative ideas are required to maintain and deliver successful construction projects.
Immediate need for inspecting the Chesapeake Bay Bridge during night shift. Generally assigned to a client, the inspector will monitor and inspect construction methods and workmanship to ensure the quality relating to building roadways, bridges and highway structures in accordance with plans and specifications. The inspector will document findings including contractor construction materials, quantities, personnel, site conditions, safety, etc.
As a client representative, you will be expected to:
- report to work at the project to which he/she has been assigned.
- Perform site inspections and report to the project engineer responsible for field inspection staff.
- Monitor work on construction projects including quality, schedule, costs, and safety for compliance with the contract requirements and document all findings, observations, and issues.
- Work primarily at night.
- Have no problem with extreme heights.
- HS Diploma or GED
- Experience in construction inspection for highway and/or bridge including related work items
- Computer skills: MS Office
- Mid-Atlantic Region Technician Certification Program (MARTCP) certifications preferred (i.e. soils, HMA, concrete)
- MD SHA erosion and sediment control certifications preferred
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.