AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at . on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an innovative, patient focused organization that serves as the strategic partner and provider to accelerate AbbVie's Commercial transformation. This position is within US Commercial Business Technology Solutions (BTS) organization, responsible for providing appropriate technology consultation, guidance and leadership to the integrated brand team.
The Brand Technology Lead is the technology account executive, business relationship manager, and portfolio manager for an integrated brand team. An integrated brand team consists of business functions like Sales, Marketing, Managed Health Care, Medical Affairs, Finance, Marketing Analytics, HEOR, and others that are all organized around a common set of goals and strategies for a particular set of products.
The Brand Technology Lead is responsible to proactively understand Brand strategies, educate Brand teams on existing technology capabilities, and influence/develop capabilities roadmaps. He/she will stay on top of technology trends and perform the required technical research and due diligence when necessary to recommend the use of new technology capabilities; balancing opportunities for innovation, business benefits, existing IT standards, and IT roadmaps.
To be successful, the candidate is expected to have techno-functional experience around Marketing Technology capabilities and how different MarTech solutions interact with each other to enable business outcomes. This role will be required to collaborate across a highly matrixed organization, to impact and influence development of both existing and upcoming technology solutions leveraged within the Brand Marketing function.
This position is responsible for planning and overseeing a portfolio of technology projects from ideation to completion; including securing cross-functional alignment on project scope, benefits, cost, and timeline. He/she is expected to work effectively across various IT shared services teams, external Marketing Agencies, and other Commercial business stakeholders.
- Proactively understand the business strategies and the technology needs of the assigned Brand.
- Identify current and emerging business needs and evaluates technology solutions to balance short term and long-term objectives.
- Understand both data and technology capabilities already in use across AbbVie and recommend appropriate application for the assigned Brand.
- Lead the creation of Brand specific data and technology roadmaps to support the strategic needs of the Brand. Ensure alignment between evolving business needs and corporate technology strategies.
- Uses technical consulting skills, expertise and collaboration to translate business requirements to functional requirements for technology delivery team.
- Manage a portfolio of projects for the Brand; providing visibility to business and technology leadership on the status, benefits, costs, and risks of new requests and in-process projects.
- Develop comprehensive project estimates and timelines by soliciting input and collecting feedback from all impacted stakeholders.
- Effectively utilize all available resources, either within or outside of direct span of control, to manage diverse workload, maximize productivity and encourage innovation.
- Work across IT and business functions to negotiate and secure the availability of resources to meet the demands of the Brand.
- Supervise a matrix team of Project Managers, Architects, Business Systems Analysts, and Programmers to deliver technology projects for the assigned Brand.
- Ensure that systems are architected in a way that results in technology synergies and simplified integration to help manage multi-vendor relationships and Home Office Data Integrations.
- Interacts well with diverse groups across business and technology functions and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators.
- Effectively work with business functions like Sales, Marketing, Customer Experience, Managed Health Care, Medical Affairs, Finance, Marketing Analytics, and HEOR to drive for results.
- Makes contributions to identifying overall process and/or technology improvements.
- Act with urgency and passion. Help others be successful.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable AbbVie Policies and procedures.
- Work with minimal oversight; deliverables and relationships are monitored through periodic reviews.
- Bachelor's Degree with 7 years' experience; Master's Degree with 6 years' experience; PhD with 2 years' experience - including business analysis, project management, portfolio management, and strategic planning.
- Strong analysis and analytical skills. Understanding and/or experience with Data and Integration.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to building trust, listen, and ask effective questions.
- Innovative thinking and the ability to leverage past experience to be successful in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Interest in technology trends and application of technology to improve end user's experience.
- Proven track record of effective project leadership and positive results.
- Ability to self-manage time and priorities.
- Working knowledge of IT pricing and contracting practices.
- Financial acumen.
- B2B and B2C marketing experience including digital marketing and familiarity with social media.
- Understands the pharmaceutical market including role of providers, patients, payers, distributors and policy makers.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.