Responsible for leading, managing and coaching a team of sales and service professionals to meet and exceed sales goals, ensure the operational excellence of the branch and create an excellent customer experience. The Branch Manager will oversee all branch functions including taking full responsibility for the branch's performance - both sales and operations. Lead the branch to success by cultivating long-term business and consumer relationships to ensure branch sales growth and customer retention, and effectively resolves issues with customers and associates. Operates with less authority and experience than a Sr. Branch Manager.
- Promote and model the Flagstar values. Set clear expectations and measurable outcomes, while coaching and developing the branch team. Observe the branch team from the perspective of the customer, and coach on the proper execution of the sales formula and priority work while modeling the desired behaviors. When appropriate, provide disciplinary actions and exit non-performers while adhering to company policies. Successfully recruits and hires the appropriate staff to deliver on expectations.
- Oversee all sales activity in the branch by driving, supporting and achieving monthly sales goals. Regularly communicate branch performance and priorities with all team members. Stay informed of key priorities and business updates. Execute Retail Banking sales processes. Ensure collaboration between branch team members and business partners (MLOs, FCs and Business Banking). This may include participation in 'Call Nights'.
- Make regular outside sales calls to develop and deepen business relationships. Foster and develop relationships with business customers that fit the Flagstar model to attain goals, executing enough sales calls per week to ensure success.
- Promote and model the company standard of always doing what is best for the customer by providing recommendations to improve the financial quality of their life. Ensure an excellent customer experience by being knowledgeable of all bank products and services, providing outstanding customer service, and resolving problems to prevent customer dissatisfaction.
- Establishes business contacts and networks through community events and activities. The Branch Manager will personally be involved and known in their community.
- Ensure operational efficiency and accuracy as it relates to all policies, procedures, compliance, origination, corporate audits, fee schedules, work schedules, and the overall branch operation. Coach and oversee the Assistant Branch Manager to run an effective and efficient overall operation.
- 2+ years branch banking management experience required -OR- 4+ years branch banking experience with Flagstar Bank demonstrated leadership, proven sales results, and success in current role (internal only)
- NMLS Registration required
- Life, Health, Series 6/63 preferred
- HS Diploma, GED or Foreign Equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- Proven customer service skills and the ability to resolve problems and prevent customer dissatisfaction
- Demonstrated effectiveness in managing operational requirements and procedures in a Retail Bank
- Desire and willingness to call on prospects and existing clients for sales opportunities. Proven sales execution.
- Proven record of developing and coaching high performance sales and service teams.
- Proven ability to lead people, projects, sales campaigns, etc. for the market.
- Proven track record of exceeding goal expectations by exemplifying appropriate behaviors and values.
- Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to follow company policies, guidelines and procedures
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality using tact and diplomacy
- Maintain professional dress attire and demeanor
- Ability to work branch hours, including weekends and some evenings
- Proven ability to deliver results
- Ability to inspire others and to work with employees at all levels
Job Band: G