Premier is seeking a qualified, dependable Box Truck drivers! This position is responsible for transporting, loading, and unloading goods as well as confirming accuracy and safety of delivery contents. The ideal candidate must be an efficient and accountable worker with a clean driving record.
As a market leader in the building materials industry, we are committed to hiring and developing talented professionals who can deliver to our customers the quality service Tague Lumber, Inc. has built its reputation on for four generations. We now have five locations to serve our customers in the Metropolitan Philadelphia area.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Operate delivery vehicles in an efficient and expense conscious manner.
- Load and unload trucks
- Ensure that all materials are properly secured in transit.
- Ensure that all customer returns are inspected and handled according to procedure.
- Operate a forklift (remain forklift certified) and /or pallet jack as needed to assist in warehouse.
- Complete pre- and post-trip vehicle inspections and ensure that required preventive maintenance is completed on vehicles being operated.
- Be willing to work overtime if needed.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Comply with all company safety policies, procedures, rules, and guidelines.
- Comply with best practices to achieve continuous process improvements and ensure total customer satisfaction.
- Maintain a positive work environment by behaving and communicating in a professional, courteous, respectful, ethical manner with customers, clients, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Use good judgment and common sense.
- Safety and security-the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of Commercial Driving laws and regulations
- Experience driving a box truck
- Clean driving record
- Knowledge of building supplies, equipment, and the construction industry
- Great interpersonal and customer relation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills