More information about this job: Overview:
Come join a global team dedicated to supplying state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research to more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000 companies all over the globe! We rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles to accomplish our objectives.
Washington, DC Operations is seeking a field engineer to service clients in the Southern Pennsylvania , around Philadelphia (I-95 or I-76 corridors). The territory includes a wide variety of occupancies including plastics and metal working, manufacturing, food and beverage, warehousing, healthcare, and paper mills.
With the company's nearly two centuries of knowledge and experience behind you, you will work hands on with some of the world's most influential organizations, helping them understand risk and protect their assets!Responsibilities:
The consultant engineer will assist FM Global clients in physically protecting their large industrial and commercial properties against fire, explosion, collapse, windstorm, flood, mechanical and electrical breakdown, and many other hazards. He or she will work with clients to develop sound loss prevention recommendations to manage any exposures, and once solutions are agreed, will help manage the projects through to completion.
Qualified candidates can expect constant challenge, professional growth, and personal responsibility.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Identify and evaluate facility and natural hazards. Deliver focused risk improvement solutions and reduce facility risk
- Utilize FM Global operating standards, data sheets and guides to provide risk guidance and implement best practices
- Prepare engineering reports, loss expectancies to support risk improvement
- Collaborate with Operations Engineering, Client Services, Account Management and Underwriting on fire and natural hazard recommendations
- Engineers will work from a home office, and are expected to manage their time and work independently with minimal supervision
- This is a field-based role with daily travel to clients? facilities . Occasional overnight travel to perform site evaluations in other areas of the Washington DC Operations . Expected travel is up to 30% . Travel to Natural Catastrophe sites will be required as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering
- Minimum of 4 years experience as a field engineer, servicing a wide variety of occupancies; power generation experience preferred.
- Experience working in industry such as power plants, chemical plants, or manufacturing is required. Navy Nuc experience preferred.
- Candidates will possess strong verbal and written communication skills, proficiency in MS Office products is required
- Candidates must be analytical, organized and have good problem solving and interpersonal skills
- A valid driver's license is required, a company car is provided
- Physical ability to climb ladders, lift >25 lbs., balance, and heights
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.