Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a North American Regional Building Management System (BMS) Program Engineer to join our Data Center Engineering & Construction Team. Our team's mission is to optimize the delivery of our Building Management Systems to ensure it is completed on time, is safe, robust, reliable, and conforms to our design and quality requirements. We are specifically looking for a candidate with experience supporting internal cross-functional teams, lead installation and commissioning efforts at the project level (up to 4 projects simultaneously), oversee quality, and quickly be able to adapt in an evolving space. Our data centers are the foundation upon which our rapidly scaling infrastructure efficiently operates and upon which our innovative services are delivered. Building and operating data centers the "right" way is synonymous with ensuring high uptime, capacity availability and capital conservation. The data center engineering team thinks from chip to chiller (or electrical substation), determining configurations and ensuring maximum efficiency of our compute infrastructure. This is a full-time position.
- Manage and onboard the onsite Control Systems Integrator (CSI) and Electrical and Installation (E&I) controls contractor, while developing program efficiency improvements and incorporating lessons learned.
- Ensure the timely delivery and implementation of the BMS system design packages and support the review of design packages specific to the controls scope of work by attending design review meetings to provide feedback from a constructability and coordination perspective.
- Perform regular visits to the assigned regional sites to inspect and validate the status and progress of the projects, including, support the project teams at the early stages of construction to assure a smooth project kick-off, working with project level MEP Construction Managers to check the health of the project including schedule, and working with the project level QA/QC lead to drive quality BMS installations and by managing BIM360F Issues at your assigned sites.
- Support the project benchmark and mock-up process of the BMS installations to assure consistency across the program and coordinate these efforts in a timely manner to minimize re-work.
- Work with project level Construction Managers and QA/QC leads to ensure the commissioning schedule is produced correctly in coordination with BMS needs to support the commissioning activities.
- Support the issuance of all required Purchase Orders (PO) for BMS related equipment provided by Facebook.
- Coordinate, lead, and take meeting minutes for large multi-stakeholder meetings on a regular basis.
- Ability to travel domestically as needed (about 75% travel).
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of experience with a combination of [Instrumentation and Controls programming/installation, General contractor MEP coordination/project management, Commissioning of data centers (both mechanical and electrical)].
- 3+ years of experience with programming/designing of HVAC control systems & Electrical Power Monitoring.
- Knowledge of Industrial Automation and Building Management Control Systems (i.e. PLC/DDC).
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Project, Word and PowerPoint).
- Experience with Schneider Electric Unity Pro & Citect PowerSCADA.
- Experience with Autodesk BIM360Field and Procore.
- Certified in the following: cGMP, CAP (Certified Automation Professional), and/or PMP (Project Management Professional).
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at .