Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical services for the world's leading companies in the food and beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
Focus on designing fully integrated biopharma facilities that support manufacturing and operational processes. Provides technical leadership as functional expert in the development and design for life science (Biotech, Pharmaceutical & Medical Device) client projects from inception through development of project scope to deliver drawings and specifications packages suitable for construction, aligned with industry standards. The direction and oversite of multidisciplinary engineering disciplines leading concurrent EPCMV projects through traditional engineering phasing to support existing and new life science clients.
- The Lead Process Architect analyzes and develops highly specialized technical solutions associated with leading edge technology, including ISO Cleanrooms, Cell & Gene Therapy manufacturing, laboratory functions, and drug substance (API) production within existing operating cGMP facilities.
- The candidate shall possess the skills and experience required to successfully define, develop, and execute project deliverables, as a client facing leader to develop and maintain client relationships, and possess prior experience interfacing with clients to establish long-term relationships.
- Support life science engineering projects and active construction projects during permitting, bidding, contract award, procurement, implementation, financial administration, and sequencing during project execution, with proficiency using a BIM process that leverages Autodesk Revit, Recap and Navisworks software.
- Executing integrated (EPCMV) projects to successfully define and deliver scope within budget and schedule while developing client relationships and supporting proposal generation
- The Process Architect maintains current knowledge of life science industry standards, innovates best practices, incorporates regulatory requirements, and creates a shared strategy for project scope contributing to proposal development and commercial execution.
- The Process Architect will perform project tasks independently and may direct the efforts of designers, including developing and mentoring of technical professionals.
- Demonstrate value in the Life Science business by generating billable fees commensurate with experience level, commercial terms, and value creation, aligned with company needs, industry standards, and career progression.
- As a technical leader within the firm you are expected to assist in developing new engagements.
- In this role, you will lead and/or manage multiple projects that will involve a range of disciplines, with multiple Life Science Industry clients.
- The primary area of support will be the Northeast Region with a client base in the Boston market, but you may support projects regionally or nationally based on your expertise and business need.
- In this role you will leverage your technical skills, expertise, and leadership skills to successfully deliver services and/or projects aligned with client expectations to build Client Trust.
- Interactions across the firm and with other professionals to maintain a cohesive and technically correct solution. This includes interfacing and resolving highly complex technical solutions with our Firm-wide facility, utility, process, automation, validation, and construction professionals.
- Provide strategic leadership in implementation of the Design Group goals and guidance. This includes client presentations and developing project profiles, organizational planning, recruiting and implementation strategy.
- 12+ years of facilities architectural design experience with a proven ability to lead the facility design from the programming/concept phase through the production of construction documents, permit acquisition, and site implementation on multi-discipline projects in an A&E environment.
- Experience and capacity to design cGMP manufacturing and lab facilities, demonstrating knowledge of operating facility requirements to define general arrangements, operational flows, adjacency schemes, environmental classifications, and interpretation and justification of regulatory requirements.
- Strong working knowledge of local, state, and federal building codes, and in particular IBC, is a must.
- Architectural experience in the development and creation of construction documents for the Life Sciences industry including pharmaceutical, biotech, or medical device sectors.
- Knowledge/experience in design of both new Greenfield facilities as well as renovations to existing buildings.
- Knowledge/experience in design of ISO clean rooms, labs, and processing spaces.
- Knowledge/experience in design of cold storage and refrigerated processing environments.
- Experience in coordinating design with process engineers on industrial installations of production equipment is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, and ability to interact with our valued team members and clients.
- Excellent computer skills including AutoCAD, Revit, Microsoft Office, and Microsoft Project.
- Willing and able to travel as necessary for project requirements to include but not be limited to: project installation and start-up activities, client meetings, company sponsored meetings, trainings, industry related seminars, forums, or conventions, etc.
- Bachelor of Architecture degree is required.
- Master of Architecture degree is desired
- Registered Architect license required
- NCARB desired
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.
Design Group US Inc - provided by Dice