Big Data Engineer - Automated Deployment Infrastructure
Location: Herndon, VA OR Plano, TX
Assess high level design issues relative to platform enterprise software and interactions with other systems. Strong emphasis on automated deployment infrastructure, automation solutions. Leverage DevOps tool stack to promote new features. Python/Java Big Data Hadoop Spark Kafka Jenkins Hudson VMWare Puppet Chef Vagrant Docker buildouts new API build infrastructure map reduce or MPP system
- Support the team in the writing of deployment scripts and place strong emphasis in automated deployment, infrastructure automation solutions, and continuous delivery process.
- Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in large/complex development projects
- Create or Update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents.
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
- Respond to trouble/support calls for applications in production in order to make quick repair to keep application in production.
- Serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively participate in all Agile ceremonies.
- Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives
- Mentor or provide technical guidance to less experienced staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
- Leverage DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features.
- May serve as technical lead, architect, project lead or principle developer in course of large or complex project.
- Expert proficiency in unit testing as well as coding in 1-2 languages (eg Java, etc).
- Expert proficiency in Object Oriented Design (OOD) and analysis.
- Expert proficiency in application of analysis/design engineering functions.
- Expert proficiency in application of non-functional software qualities such as resiliency, maintainability, etc.
- Expert proficiency in advanced behavior-driven testing techniques.
- Provide expertise for teams in all matters related to deployment, building and release process.