TTI seeks a Benefits Specialist to support the full scope of activities associated with the development, implementation, administration and ongoing financial management of our benefit programs, processes and policies in an effort to provide a competitive and cost effective benefit package that aligns with company goals and philosophies. The Benefits Manager will coordinate with the HR site leaders to understand employee benefit needs and to plan and coordinate open enrollment activities. The ideal candidate will have a solid analytical and financial background to review and analyze medical utilization data and costs. Candidates whose career experience includes knowledge of HR generalist functions would be well advantaged.
Key Deliverables of the Position:
- Support the strategic development, and implementation of Tailwind benefit plans and programs that meet employee needs and government regulations
a. Leverage TTI size as appropriateb. Ensure that benefits are market based and competitive at each individual site c. Analyze and evaluate coverage and service options to determine cost effective programs that best meet the needs of the organization. d. Research and recommend future enhancements to benefits.2. In partnership with the Tailwind CFO, set contribution strategy, report on trends, competitive analysis and experience of company benefit programs3. Manage and administer the various employee benefit plans including health, dental, vision, COBRA, Life, flexible spending accounts, Health Savings Accounts, disability insurance, retirement plans and related programs4. Maintain strong relationships with suppliers to confirm a high level of service at the lowest cost.5. Manage the annual compliance activities for the retirement plans (non-discrimination testing, 5500s and plan audits6. Ensure compliance of all benefit programs with federal and state laws.7. Manage the health and wellness program for all sites8. Develop close working relationship with business unit Presidents and HR site leaders. Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or Business Management with a minimum of 7 years benefits related experience. Must be willing to travel to each of the Tailwind sites (estimated travel ~ 10%).
a. Experience with a variety of benefit programs and their administration (health and retirement benefits)
b. Strong knowledge of ERISA, Section 125, COBRA, HIPPA, FMLA, Medicare and Social Security
c. Experience with Defined Contribution retirement plans
d. Strong understanding and experience with Qualified and Non-Qualified Retirement plan regulations and legislation.
e. Knowledge of benefit-related government regulations. (5500s, Discrimination Testing, Reporting requirements, etc.)
2. Understanding of both internal and external auditing preparation and procedures
3. Business and Financial Acumen
4. Project management skills
5. Computer proficiency: Enterprise-wide HR software system (we use Paylocity), Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and Power Point
6. Excellent Communication Skills - both verbal and written
- Builds Customer Loyalty - Effectively meets customer needs; builds productive customer relationships; takes responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Continuous Learning: Demonstrated ability to learn continuously and apply newly gained knowledge and skill on the job
- Initiates Action - Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required; is proactive
- Manages Work - Effectively manages one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently
- Quality Orientation: Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; shows concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checks processes and tasks; is watchful over a period of time
- Strategic Decision Making - Obtain information and identify key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long-range goal or vision; commit to a course of action to accomplish a long-range goal or vision after developing alternatives based on logical assumptions, facts, available resources, constraints and organizational values.